Are you a Heavy Duty Mechanic or Heavy Equipment Technician who would be interested in…
Working on some of the largest and most automated equipment in the world?
Receiving a generous relocation bonus to help move you and your family to one of BC’s most beautiful mountain communities?
Enjoying a long list of benefits and perks?
If you’re interested in all that, then we want to hear from you! Our client is one of Canada’s largest diversified mining companies and they are seeking multiple mechanics for their mine in beautiful Sparwood, BC. To learn more, call 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 250-483-5954. This is a great opportunity for those ready for all the advantages of a safe workplace and ongoing in-house training and workshops to help progress your career. Time to get the ball rolling and apply online today!
Sparwood, BC is a family-friendly community nestled in the Rocky Mountains. Surrounded by pristine wilderness, there’s no end of outdoor activities to choose from, be it skiing, canoeing, camping, fly-fishing, even golf. It is located roughly a half hour’s drive away from Elkford and Fernie, BC, and about 45 minutes to the Alberta border. Residents enjoy affordable housing, all the necessary amenities, and a relaxed, rural atmosphere.
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time.
Salary: $49 DOE + plus OT, premiums, and bonuses. $5000 sign-on bonus plus up to $10K relocation assistance offered.
Benefits: An excellent benefits package including:
- Two Annual Bonus Plans.
- Trades Retention Bonus.
- Relocation Assistance.
- Housing for the first 3 months of employment.
- Healthy Lifestyle Account.
- Employee Share Purchase Plan.
- Extended health, dental, & vision.
- Paid vacation.
- RRSP matching.
- 60% tool rebate or company-provided tools.
Shifts: Shifts: 4×4 or 8 x 8 shifts, days and nights.
- Valid Red Seal or BC Journeyman Off-Road Heavy Duty Mechanic license OR on-road HDMs with off-road experience.
- Mining experience is an asset.
- Experience in working on a variety of off-road equipment including loaders, dozers and haul trucks.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Thorough understanding of braking systems and hydraulic and electro-hydraulic controls.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Pre-employment drug test required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose, maintain and repair mobile mining equipment including haulage trucks, graders, bulldozers, excavators, shovels, loaders and other heavy equipment.
- Maintenance and repairs may include engines, transmissions, cooling systems, air systems, fuel and exhaust systems, clutch and differentials, brakes and tires, hydraulic and electrical systems and lubrication systems.
- Work with brands including CAT, Komatsu, P&H, Hitachi, John Deere, Letourneau, Volvo, Marion, and more.
- Lead by example and show a dedication to safety by adhering to established policies, procedures and safe work practices.
- Other duties as required.