Opportunity alert! Our client, an established raw material recycler and 4th-generation family-run company, is seeking a certified Commercial Transport Mechanic to join their team in Vancouver, BC. Reporting to the Fleet Maintenance Foreman, the successful candidate will be responsible for inspecting, diagnosing, repairing and performing preventative maintenance servicing on commercial transport trucks. Reviewing work orders and evaluating repairs are also important tasks of the role. The position also provides performance evaluations, mentorship, and supervision to Mechanic Apprentices.
In return, our client offers excellent wages, great benefits, and developmental opportunities. Current employees enjoy the family-type atmosphere and strong safety culture. This is a great opportunity to join a reputable and stable company where the employee retention average is about 16 years! If you are interested in this position, please give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text (604) 343-3535, or submit your resume online now!
Vancouver is a beautiful coastal seaport city on the mainland of British Columbia, Canada and is one of the most ethnically and linguistically diverse cities in the country. One of the world’s greenest cities, Vancouver is one of the world’s most beautiful and livable cities. Vancouver has exceptional public transportation which is easily overshadowed by the fact that Vancouver is a walking city that is easily accessible! Offering a diverse amount of urban amenities, Vancouver has something for everyone including shopping, fine dining, museums, arts and culture.
Salary: Excellent Wages + Shift Premiums plus GREAT Benefits Package and lots of overtime available.
- Extended health benefits and MSP coverage.
- RRSP matching for employee contributions up to 7%.
- Continuous training and development available.
Shifts: Monday to Friday, 8 hour shifts. Day shifts (6 am – 2 pm) for the first 3 months, then moving to a rotating schedule of day shifts and evening shifts (2:30 pm – 10:30 pm).
- Valid British Columbia Journey-level Truck & Transport Mechanic/Commercial Transport Mechanic Certificate or an interprovincial Red Seal Certification equivalent required.
- Valid Class 3 Driver’s License an asset, Class 5 mandatory.
- Valid British Columbia Commercial Vehicle Safety Inspection License.
- 3+ years of experience in commercial truck repairs or similar environment or industry is an asset.
- Ability to read or interpret diagrams, schematic drawings and manuals to determine work procedures.
- Adaptable to adverse conditions including confined space, heights, cold weather, odours and exposure to animal by-products.
- Capable of frequently moving, carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling equipment up to 50 lb without assistance and occasionally greater with assistance.
- Basic hand tools required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect motors in operation, road test vehicles, and test automotive systems and components using computerized diagnostic and other testing devices to diagnose and isolate faults.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions on all preventative maintenance services.
- Adjust, repair, or replace parts and components of commercial transport truck systems including chassis, frame, cab, body, engine and drivetrain, air brakes, steering, and fuel, hydraulic, electrical, and electronic systems using other hand tools/equipment.
- Review and discuss work orders with supervisors, and sign off repairs performed.
- Perform scheduled maintenance service, such as oil changes, lubrications, and tune up.
- Operate engines such as International Max Force, Paccar, Cummins, etc.
- Work with equipment such as vacuum pumps, hydraulics, and fork loaders.
- Perform shift work based on company business needs which evolve and change in response to customer demands.
- People development and active management of direct reports.
- Foster a positive team and company culture by ensuring treatment of others is respectful and aligned with company values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.