Employer: Parker Johnston Industries Ltd.
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent (30 hours per week)
Language: English required
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Completion of High School
Positions Available: 25
NOC Group: 7291
Benefits: Medical insurance, dental insurance, group insurance, life insurance, and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
Job Location (s):
Primary business address: 5947 206A Street, Suite 110A, Langley, BC, V3A 8M1.
However, job/project sites vary throughout Vancouver Island, the Lower Mainland, and in Squamish.
Parker Johnston Ltd. Is one of the largest roofing and cladding contractors in British Columbia. We are committed to providing the highest level of service to our residential and commercial customers. For 70 years, we’ve worked hard to establish a solid reputation for the design, installation and maintenance of roofing and cladding systems renowned for durability and architectural appeal.
Parker Johnston Ltd. is looking for 15 Flat Roofers who can efficiently assist in the daily operations of our business. This position entails working in a physically demanding and fast-paced outdoor environment. Work is done at heights.
Main Duties include:
- Install, repair or replace built-up roofing systems using materials such as asphalt saturated felts and hot asphalt and gravel
- Apply waterproofing coatings to concrete or other masonry surfaces below or above ground level
- Install, repair or replace single-ply roofing systems using waterproof sheet materials such as modified plastics, elastomeric or other asphaltic compositions
- Completion of High School (Secondary School)
- Minimum 1 year of experience required
- Roofer Trade Certification is preferred, but not required
- Must have own transportation to get to and from job/project sites
- Must have (or obtain) own steel-toed safety boots, hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, gloves and tools
- Ability to handle and lift heavy loads
How to Apply:
Email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Please reference “Flat Roofer” in your email subject line.
No phone calls please.
-We would like to thank everyone for applying, however, due to the volume of applications received only those moving forward to the interview process will be contacted.
-We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of gender and ethnic group but, as members of ethnic minority groups such as aboriginals and new immigrants are currently under-represented at this level of post, we would encourage applications from members of these groups. Selection will be based on merit alone.