CMM Maintenance & Millwright Services Inc. is hiring a Welder/Fabricator with Millwrighting Experience in Timmins, ON!
Job Title: Welder/Fabricator with Millwrighting Experience
Job Details: $30-$32 an hour – Full-time, Permanent
CMM Maintenance & Millwright Services Inc. is seeking 2 permanent full-time Welder/Fabricators with Millwrighting experience at various sites, typically remote locations such as Detour lake (Cochrane unorganized) and Rainy River as well as local work (Timmins, ON). Completion of high school and advanced welding certificate, 4 plus years of work experience in the trade as well as 4 years experience in Industrial Mining Industry preferred.
Welder/Fabricators must be able to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams and sketches to determine operations, required materials and timeframes for projects. They will fabricate and assemble metal structures and equipment with various machining tools to produce metal products according to customer or employer specifications. They will also work with pumping and conveyance systems as well as the repair and rebuilding of reagent equipment. Experience with power transmission systems or jaw crushers and cone crushers preferred.
- Determining required equipment and welding methods to complete assignments, applying basic knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, welding techniques and industry standards.
- Reading and interpreting blueprints, fabrication drawings and welding process specifications to accurately build prototypes as well as to produce rough sketches (abbreviations, symbols for welding/assembly tolerances) to meet customer demands.
- Operating manual and semi automatic machine tools such as welding equipment, brazing and soldering equipment and repairing worn parts of metal products by welding
- Setting up, operating and inspecting heavy duty metal working machines including, torches, drills, dye grinders, hammers, levels plasma cutters, overhead cranes and forklifts
- Assembling and fitting metal sections of form complete units or subunits using tact welding and other fabrication methods
- Inspecting and examining gap allowances, using micrometer, caliper and precision measuring instruments to verify conformance to specification.
- Working in various positions including but not limited to bending, kneeling, squatting and standing
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- A 4-year Certificate in Advanced Welding
- Able to work as part of a team and independently. Must possess a strong work ethic and a developed analytical thinking as well as problem-solving skills. Must be committed to attending work on a regular & reliable basis. Willing to work overtime as required and be flexible with working night shift when required. Excellent organizational and time management skills. Must have the ability to proactively seek and accomplish tasks that lead to a safe, efficient, and productive work environment.
- Ability to speak, read and write English is required
- Familiar with all types of metals and metal thicknesses Experience in SAW, FCAW, GMAW or TIG processes
- Strong mathematical and mechanical skills required.
- Have knowledge of health and safety legislation.
- Have a valid drivers’ licence
- Ability to lift 20-50 lbs frequently. Ability to lift up to 70 lbs occasionally
- Continuous standing Bending, twisting and reaching Repetitive movement Frequent walking
- Work indoors and outdoors in non-controlled environmental conditions. Exposure to sounds and noise levels that can be distracting or uncomfortable. Proper PPE is always required. Exposure to contaminants and to hazardous equipment
- Call-ins will be required. Overtime will be required. Travel will be required.
- Experience welding with RMD for the root pass as well as experience with flux core
- Familiar with construction methods, techniques, and labour requirements and how they apply to industrial construction projects
- Basic computer navigation and utilization skills required and possess a high degree of mechanical aptitude, precision and attention to detail
MUST HAVE AT LEAST 4 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN
- Blueprint Reading
- Fitting and Welding
- Minimum of 4 years in industrial/production environment
- Crushing circuits pertaining to jaw crushers and cone crushers
- In a variety of pumping systems
- Experience in conveyance systems
- Experience in the repair and rebuilding of reagent equipment
- Experience in the repair and rebuilding of power transmission systems
- 4 years of MIG and TIG welding experience
Employees are eligible for incremental raises
Benefit package available to successful candidates. Benefit package includes life, long term disability, dental and medical.
We appreciate the interest by all candidates however we will only be contacting those that best fit the requirements.
Address: 255 Crawford Street, South Porcupine ON P0N 1H0