Calling all experienced First Class Power Engineers! Our client, a pulp and paper manufacturer with a focus on customer service and environmental sustainability, is seeking a Utilities Manager/ Chief Power Engineer immediately for their pulp mill located in Powell River, BC. Reporting to the Pulp, Utilities and Fibre Manager, the successful candidate will provide leadership, operational expertise and maintenance coordination for the Utilities department. This is a support role that is integral for the division to achieve their manufacturing objectives. If you want to work in a team-oriented environment with potential for advancement, then don’t wait—apply today!
As a leading North American paper and pulp manufacturer, our client employs 1,800 people at operations in southern British Columbia and manufactures some of the most environmentally responsible paper in the world. This employer offers great opportunities to grow, solve technical challenges, and live and work in one of North America’s most spectacular environments. If you are interested in learning more about this position, please give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 250-483-5954!
Located on the Sunshine Coast of BC, Powell River boasts a mild climate and innumerable opportunities for outdoor activities such as fishing, sailing, kayaking, camping and mountain climbing, to name a few. Being situated on a peninsula surrounded by mountainous terrain means you need a ferry to access the other points of interest such as Nanaimo (3.5 hours travel total) or Vancouver (4.5 hrs). However, Powell River has everything you need from affordable housing, to health services, to schools of all levels. What began as a resource extraction centre is now a livable community and a hub for adventure and culture.
Salary: Competitive, Depending on Experience
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package with pension contributions, as well as relocation assistance.
- Certified First Class Power Engineer registrable in BC
- Strong leadership and people management experience is required.
- Operations experience in a manufacturing environment is also essential.
Skills and Abilities:
- Self-starter with strong technical abilities
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Thrives in fast-paced environment
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure work is compliant with the requirements of relevant regulators, as well as internal control procedures and policies.
- Ensure all department procedures are current and adhered to.
- Ensure operators have the knowledge, experience and current procedures required to operate the plant in a safe and efficient manner.
- Provide timely communication of equipment maintenance requirements.
- Maintain department technical training materials.
- Ensure daily operating plans are communicated and executed.
- Provide coaching and direction to department staff and crew.
- Provide troubleshooting expertise.
- Optimize manufacturing processes and recommend equipment and process improvements to achieve manufacturing objectives.
- Participate in the daily, weekly and long term planning processes to ensure the department is maintained in a reliable manner and in compliance with all regulations.