Truck Mechanic – Edmonton, AB
How would you like to work for one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for four years running? Our client, a premium service provider for bulk commodity transportation, is seeking a Truck Mechanic to join their team in Edmonton, AB. Interested? Give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 587-794-3883, or submit your resume online today!
Wage: $42/hr DOE. Relocation assistance and/or a sign-on bonus may be provided for the right candidate.
- Company funded health benefits with health spending account
- RRSP matching program
- Employee assistance program
- Training and advancement opportunities
- Approachable management and family focused team
- PPE & coveralls provided
Shifts: Sun – Thurs 2:30pm – 11pm no rotation. OT available.
- Red Seal or AB Journeyman Truck Mechanic certification
- Minimum 2 years directly related experience
- Experience with trucks – engines, diagnostics & emissions
- CVIP License an asset
- Criminal background check, drug/alcohol screening are required
- Must have own tools
- Inspect, diagnose,service and repair all systems and components of transport trucks and trailers.
- Service, adjust, repair or replace parts and components
- Read and understand work orders, task procedures, and interpret technical manuals.
- Write work orders and diagnose the cause of failures.
- Mentor and assist apprentices.
- Perform inspections as per the Commercial Vehicle Inspection Program only if licensed to do so
- Other duties as required
Edmonton is the capital city of Alberta and has a population of 899,447 people. It’s well known for its dynamic young hockey team, scenic river valley and thriving music and art community. Edmonton is home to North America’s largest shopping and entertainment complex (West Edmonton Mall), and they host 30 festivals a year making them Canada’s Festival City.