Our client, one of the largest suppliers of residential construction systems in Ontario, is expanding rapidly and looking for a 310T Truck Mechanic to join their team! This role will be responsible for mechanical repair and maintenance of trucks, trailers, and equipment. Work primarily at their shop in Courtice, ON. This is a great opportunity to join a company that offers great job security, practices an open door policy, and invests heavily in infrastructure and their people. To learn more, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 647-484-0311, or apply online today to find out more!
Located in the Clarington municipality, Courtice, ON is just a 10 minute drive from Oshawa, 20 from Ajax, and about an hour from Toronto. It is just a hop, skip, and a jump away from Darlington Provincial Park and Lake Ontario. Courtice is a great choice for anyone who enjoys a blend of city amenities and rural vistas.
Salary: VERY competitive – DOE
Benefits: Comprehensive unionized benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, extended health, and a defined pension plan.
Shifts: Mon-Fri day shifts. OT available.
- Red Seal or Ontario 310T ticket required.
- Must have a valid Class A driver’s license and clean drivers abstract.
- 5+ years of experience as a Truck and Coach Mechanic.
- Proven mechanical abilities in hydraulics and electrical, including schematics and diagnostics.
- Experience with leading safety inspections is an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose and perform mechanical repairs on equipment in the shop and road calls when required (very occasionally).
- Repair and adjust hydraulic pumps, safety valves, and any other necessary mechanical components of heavy trucks, trailers, skid steers and snow removal equipment.
- Inspect, repair and adjust gasoline and diesel powered units of trucks.
- Repair cooling, and lubrication systems.
- Repair mechanical transmissions, drive-trains and final drives.
- Repair cable-operated working attachments, winches, compressors, pumps, electric generators, etc.
- Electrical and hydraulic troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation.
- Other duties as required.