Lower Mainland Mechanic needed! Our client, an established raw material recycler, is seeking a Commercial Transport Mechanic to join their team in Vancouver, BC. Reporting to the Fleet Maintenance Foreman, the successful candidate will be responsible for performing preventative maintenance and repairs on their fleet commercial transport trucks. In return, our client offers competitive wages, benefits, and developmental opportunities. This is a great opportunity to join a reputable and stable company. Our client is dedicated to creating safe, environmentally friendly recycling solutions for industrial and commercial industries. If you are interested in this position, please give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text (604) 343-3535, or submit your resume online now!
Salary: $38-$41/hr per hour with eligibility for OT and special shift and additional certification premiums. Relocation assistance may be available for the right candidate.
- Extended health benefits and MSP coverage.
- RRSP matching for employee contributions.
- Continuous training and development available.
- Valid British Columbia Journeyperson Commercial Transport Vehicle Certificate or an interprovincial Red Seal Certification equivalent required.
- Valid British Columbia Commercial Vehicle Safety Inspection License required, or willing to obtain upon hire.
- Valid Class 3 Driver’s License preferred.
Experience: 3 years of experience in commercial truck repairs or similar environment or industry an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in English, both verbal and written, with strong communication skills.
- Ability to frequently move, carry, lift, push and pull equipment up to 50 lbs without assistance and occasionally greater with assistance.
- Ability to work with well a diverse team.
- Own basic tools required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect engines in operation, road test vehicles, and test automotive system and components using computerized diagnostic and other testing devices to diagnose and isolate faults.
- Adjust, repair, or replace parts and components of commercial transport truck systems including chassis, frame, cab, body, engine and drive train, air brakes, steering, and fuel, hydraulic, electrical, and electronic systems using other hand tools/equipment.
- Work with equipment such as vacuum pumps, hydraulics, and fork loaders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.