TILESETTER (NOC 73101)
Icon Builders Inc
1 Romar Crescent, Unit 3
Toronto, ON M6B 1R7
Job Type: Contract, Full Time, Weekend, Day, Night, and Evening
Salary: $35.00 Hourly for 35 hours per week
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: Toronto, Ontario (4 vacancies)
Icon Builders Inc. performs restoration services for residential and commercial properties across Ontario. Our crews offer prompt and professional services to help our customers get back to pre-loss life with the least amount of interruption and associated costs as possible. We have constructed homes, apartments and businesses across southern Ontario. Our clients span from Mississauga and Brampton to Scarborough, Pickering and Richmond Hill. As licensed Canadian contractors we’ve established strong relationships with homeowners and commercial developers. Our project managers are committed to meeting budgets and tight deadlines. Furthermore, our contractors consist of specialized trades professionals that trained and tested at their craft.
The Tilesetter will be responsible for covering interior and exterior walls, floors and ceilings with stone, tile, hardwood, laminate and vinyl material as well ceramic, marble and quarry tile, mosaics or terrazzo. This position requires several years of experience.
- Review project drawings to perform installation activities according to specifications.
- Preparation, measure and mark surface to be covered.
- Calculate accurate material estimates and orders.
- Repair and maintain older properties, including renovating flooring, walls and ceilings.
- Mix, apply and spread cement, mastic, glue or other adhesives using hand trowel.
- Align and straighten tile using levels, squares and straightedges
- Cut and fit tiles around obstacles and openings using hand and power cutting tools.
- Pack ground into joints between tiles and remove excess grout.
Education: Completion of high school, some college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training.
Experience: 1 year of work experience as tilesetter.
Languages: Speak English, Read English, Write English
HOW TO APPLY:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Icon Builders Inc. is committed to diversity and equity; persons from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. We welcome applications from everyone in respect of gender, ethnic groups, youth, newcomers and person with disabilities.