TILESETTER (NOC 7283)
Venture Flooring Ltd.
90 Burnhamthorpe, Suite 1400
Mississauga, Ontario L5B 3C3
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time, Weekend, Day, Night, Evening
Salary: $33.00 Hourly for 35 hours per week
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: Toronto, Ontario (4 vacancies)
Venture Flooring Ltd. formerly known as ALB Tile Artwork, initially started in Michigan, USA. Venture Flooring believes that accountability and reliability are key points in providing great customer service. We help you save time and money by having the job done right the first time with high-quality materials selected to last. Venture Flooring specializes in Commercial, Industrial and Residential flooring.
The Tilesetter will be responsible for covering interior and exterior walls, floors and ceilings with stone, tile, hardwood, laminate and vinyl material as well ceramic, marble and quarry tile, mosaics or terrazzo. This position requires several years of experience.
- Review project drawings to perform installation activities according to specifications.
- Preparation, measure, and mark surface to be covered.
- Calculate accurate material estimates and orders.
- Repair and maintain older properties, including renovating flooring, walls and ceilings.
- Mix, apply and spread cement, mastic, glue or other adhesives using hand trowel.
- Align and straighten tile using levels, squares and straightedges
- Cut and fit tiles around obstacles and openings using hand and power cutting tools.
- Pack ground into joints between tiles and remove excess grout.
- Education: Completion of high school, some college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training.
- Experience: 2 years of work experience as Tilesetter.
- Languages: Speak English, Read English, Write English
HOW TO APPLY:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Venture Flooring Ltd. is committed to diversity and equity; persons from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. We welcome applications from everyone in respect of gender, ethnic groups, youth, newcomers and person with disabilities.