TILESETTER (NOC 73101)
2460241 Ontario Inc. o/a Skyscapes Balcony and Patio Flooring
25 Shaft Road,
Etobicoke, Ontario M9W 4M3
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time, Weekend, Day, Night, and Evening
Salary: $32.00 Hourly for 35 hours per week
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: Toronto, Ontario (4 vacancies)
2460241 Ontario Inc. o/a Skyscapes Balcony and Patio Flooring is a fast-growing company providing full-service outdoor flooring specializing in balcony flooring and patio tiles in Toronto. We provide in-home consultation to see our products in the comfort of client’s own residents. We also encourage customers to compare the cost of a full-service installation to purchasing the product and doing the installation themselves.
The Tilesetter will be responsible for covering interior and exterior walls, floors and ceilings with stone, tile, hardwood, laminate and vinyl material as well ceramic, marble and quarry tile, mosaics or terrazzo. This position requires several years of experience.
- Review project drawings to perform installation activities according to specifications.
- Preparation, measure and mark surface to be covered.
- Calculate accurate material estimates and orders.
- Repair and maintain older properties, including renovating flooring, walls and ceilings.
- Mix, apply and spread cement, mastic, glue or other adhesives using hand trowel.
- Align and straighten tile using levels, squares and straightedges
- Cut and fit tiles around obstacles and openings using hand and power cutting tools.
- Pack ground into joints between tiles and remove excess grout.
- Education: Completion of high school, some college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training.
- Experience: 1 year of work experience as Tilesetter.
- Languages: Speak English, Read English, Write English
HOW TO APPLY:
By email: email@example.com
2460241 Ontario Inc. o/a Skyscapes Balcony and Patio Flooring is committed to diversity and equity; persons from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. We welcome applications from everyone in respect of gender, ethnic groups, youth, newcomers and person with disabilities.