Shop Manager – Fort McMurray, AB
Do you have knowledge & skills in hydraulics and fluid power? We are looking for a Shop Manager to lead our client’s operations strategy and support their business plan. Key areas of responsibility include operations management, sales, safety, and quality. If you have a track record of success in shop management and are a motivated leader, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity! Interested? Call us at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 587-794-3883, or submit your resume online today!
Our client is a leading distributor of industrial supplies, providing bearings, power transmission products, engineered fluid power components and systems, and other specialized solutions. With over 50 facilities across Canada and a team of 650 associates, they serve a wide range of industries including steel, mining, forestry, agriculture, automotive, oil and gas, food processing, power generation, pulp and paper, and transportation.
Fort McMurray, located in the heart of the oil sands region in Alberta, Canada, is a vibrant and dynamic city. It boasts a diverse community, excellent schools, and a range of amenities, including shopping centers, restaurants, and recreational facilities. The city is surrounded by stunning wilderness, offering plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities such as fishing, camping, and hiking.
Wage: $100,000 – $130,000 negotiable on skills & experience
- Multiple bonus structure opportunities, quarterly and annually
- Health, vision, and dental coverage, RRSP w/ company match
- Paid vacation, sick time, and company holidays
- Tuition reimbursement and opportunities for development
- Company-supported community involvement opportunities
- 3-5 years experience in a hydraulics / fluid power shop as a working foreman or working supervisor position
- Strong understanding of fluid power, earned through Industrial Mechanics / Millwright / Heavy Duty Mechanic / or 5 years experience
- Proven ability to understand the potential service needs of customers
- Ability to mentor and lead the team toward a common goal
- Well-organized with great attention to detail and organizational abilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The development, effectiveness and efficiency of the day-to-day operations of the shop facility working within vision as directed by the management team and with the support of the technical services team. Operations include repair services, field services on customer sites, and assembly programs.
- Promote and actively lead safety program to ensure all processes are within regulations and the program is implemented successfully and standards are upheld.
- Monitor, maintain and focus on continuous improvement of the shop Quality System to ensure corporate and customer quality standards are upheld, and proactive quality assurance planning is practiced
- Determine schedules, sequences and assignments for work activities based on work priority, availability of equipment and skill of personnel
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of shop floor and office employees engaged in the processing and development of a customer-owned product.
- Supervise and coordinate rush jobs, and overtime and be available for after-hours.
- Create review and approve repair, machining and fabrication proposals/quotations as required
- Make recommendations to the management regarding capital requirements, personnel training requirements, employee development needs and other expenses based on the needs of the operation
- Review processes to identify shop efficiencies and make recommendations on potential changes to management
- Review shop expenses regularly for accuracy and economics
- Provide clear and concise communication to employees and management
- Leadership role in the hiring process of future employees for both shop and office
- Primary technical contact for customers regarding shop services