Shop Foreman – Delta, BC
Do you enjoy actively working on the floor and being involved in all daily activities related to shop floor production, field service, order administration, and material management/coordination? If you’d like to learn more, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 604-343-3535.
Wage: $45 p/h negotiable
- Health, vision, and dental coverage, RRSP w/ company match
- Skills development encouraged with advancement opportunities in a large company
- Licensed Trade or equivalent of 10 years experience in a hydraulic or mechanical shop environment
- Ability to support Field Service Technicians on customer sites
- Ability to mentor, develop and lead the team toward Corporate objectives
- General knowledge of repair and installation of hydraulic systems and components.
- General knowledge of engineering and technical aspects of fluid power and power transmission products
- Ability to read/interpret drawings, blueprints, and schematics
- Ability to understand the potential service needs of customers and provide service to exceed customer expectations with above average communication skills both written and verbal
- Competent in using general computer programs
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The development, effectiveness, and efficiency of the day-to-day production of the shop facility working within vision as directed by the company management team and with the support of the technical services team
- Actively participate in the Safety Program. Ensure all processes are within regulations and program is implemented successfully and standards are upheld
- Work with the shop management and administration team to plan, implement and control the service, production, and field service schedule
- Working on a day-to-day basis to improve technicians daily work utilization, and distribute work as needed
- Communicate scope of work and work instructions professionally and effectively to shop floor employees
- Assist in the development of quality control and tracking programs to detect/correct problems and meet quality objectives
- Coordinate rush jobs, overtime and be available for afterhours
- Cost Control – Monitor Shop Supply consumption, make recommendations to improve purchasing practices and reduce costs
- Teamwork – work to develop an effective and cohesive team including all stakeholders
Our client a leading value-added distributor and technical solutions provider of industrial motion, fluid power, flow control, automation technologies, and related maintenance supplies is looking for you! With over 50 facilities located across Canada, they are looking for a Shop Foreman to develop their team while promoting and actively leading a safety program. If you’d like to learn more, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 604-343-3535, or submit your resume online today!