With more than 60 years of success in the food equipment industry, our client is recognized worldwide for its high-quality equipment, innovative engineering, and outstanding service and support.
Salary: Competitive base salary, depending on experience. Over $100,000 package plus car allowance & company credit card
Benefits: Generous benefits package including medical and dental, auto allowance, bonus & profit-sharing plans, paid 3 weeks vacation and sick days. The employer also provides high-quality tools to use when servicing clients.
Shifts: Monday – Friday, flexibility required for traveling to client’s sites.
- Experience repairing or maintaining Food Processing/Packaging/Automation Machinery experience is highly desirable.
- 2+ years of maintenance experience — servicing, troubleshooting, and repair of electro-mechanical machinery.
- Practical application of mechanical and electrical engineering principles and techniques to ensure equipment performance at manufacturer’s specifications.
- Basic knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic power systems, conveyor systems, or control systems.
- Initiative, critical thinking, complex problem solving, judgment and decision making, persistence, attention to detail, adaptability, flexibility, concern for others, and leadership.
- Team player who works well within a team and is ready to help other team members at all times. Also able to work independently, especially when you are away visiting client sites.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Spend approximately 50-60% of technician’s time (Monday – Friday) performing service at food plants in Calgary. Travel overnight 40-50% throughout the Prairies (Edmonton, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and occasionally to BC) performing service at food plants. Our client will try to have the technicians home for the weekends if working away from your home region.
- Read diagrams, schematic drawings, engineering specifications, and service manuals to determine work procedures.
- Engage with customers on-site, analyze equipment performance, troubleshoot to isolate problems, and determine actions needed to restore system to performance specifications. Share information with team members, customers, and your supervisor to help prioritize and keep customers apprised of corrective actions and equipment status.
- Participate as necessary in new projects to install or improve the safety and performance of existing and new equipment.
- Other duties as required.
Based out of Calgary, AB, they are seeking an experienced field service technician to install new equipment and provide routine maintenance/service to their customers. If you have strong electro-mechanical skills and a strong customer service-oriented personality, we want to hear from you. Our ideal candidate is smart, energetic, hard-working, and likes to have FUN! This is a great long-term career opportunity with a growing company that will invest in you. They have an extremely low turnover of staff and want you to expand your skills and play an important role. Interested? Give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 587-794-3883, or submit your resume online today!