Our client is seeking a Senior Technician to provide maintenance and repair to the building’s automated and HVAC systems in Ottawa, ON. Reporting to the Supervisor HVAC and Plumbing Maintenance, the successful candidate will assist the HVAC and Plumbing Maintenance team and support various ongoing projects at the facility. In return, our client offers excellent wages and benefits, and an ongoing learning environment. If you are interested in this position, please give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 647-484-0311. Or better yet, get the ball rolling and submit your resume online today!
Located two hours’ drive away from Montreal, and one hour from the border, the capital of Canada, Ottawa, ON is the perfect place for nature lovers and urbanites alike no matter the weather. You can go skating down the world’s largest outdoor skating rink in the winter or hang out on the beach during the summer. There are plenty of festivals throughout the year, as well as a lively night time and culinary scene. Public transit in Ottawa is reliable, sitting in Canada’s top ten best transit cities. Ottawa is a rich, historical city with new experiences waiting for you around every corner.
Salary: $71,939 to $81,310 Depending on experience.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package (Defined Contribution Pension Plan, fitness benefits, 3 weeks’ vacation), free parking.
Shifts: Mon-Fri, 7:30am – 4pm, flexibility required for critical issues and events. On-call on rotation every 2 weeks.
- Building Environmental Systems Operator certificate, a Gas Technician 1 certificate, a Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technician Diploma, OR
- Completion of an Apprenticeship Program in Building/Facilities Maintenance Mechanic with course work in electronic control circuits and computer software programming OR
- A combination of training and experience.
- Valid driver’s licence (Class G or equivalent) and drivers abstract required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a related field.
- Experience in the use of electronic test equipment in diagnostic processes in electronic circuits.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good oral and written communication skills in English required.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems and associated electronic, electrical and pneumatic controls.
- Ability to create control programs, loop schemes (proportional integral and derivative), and graphics, follow blueprints, design specifications, and manufacturers’ instructions to install motors and other components.
- Ability to concentrate, conceptualize and act under stressful situations and tactfully and professionally respond to tenants’ concerns.
- Knowledge of supervisory and management techniques an asset.
- Bilingualism (English and French) an asset.
- Good interpersonal skills and professional, positive attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish HVAC controls and systems standards and strategies.
- Provide technical direction to design consultants, project managers and maintenance team.
- Give expert technical support to the maintenance and project teams, analyze system capacities, diagnose problems, make recommendations for improvements, and maintain system schematics and diagrams for all HVAC controls and systems.
- Consult with project engineers and project managers including detailed reviews of all contract documents, scoping, planning, scheduling, coordinating of work, site inspections of work, commissioning and contract closeout.
- Develop, review, update and recommend standard operating and maintenance procedures in conjunction with the environmental health and safety and maintenance teams and assist in job task safety analysis for new systems.
- Prepare requests for proposals for services, reviewing them for accuracy and completeness, and making selection recommendations.
- Other duties as required.
- Security clearance check required.