Are you an experienced Marine Mechanic who’s more than just a number? Do you have expertise and passion that you want to share with co-workers and customers alike? Our client, a small marine repair company based out of North Vancouver, prides themselves on their human connections as much as their industry knowledge. They are looking for a Senior Field Service Marine Mechanic to provide diagnostic and repair services, mainly at client sites across the Lower Mainland. This is a great opportunity to join a team that’s been in business for over 20 years. If you are interested in this position, please give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 604-343-3553, or apply online today.
Located a 20-minute SeaBus ride away from the city of Vancouver, North Vancouver is an ideal location for nature lovers and urbanites alike. Hike Quarry Rock in Deep Cove and treat yourself to a fantastic donut from Honey’s. Check out a play or concert at Centennial Theatre or Capilano University. Go skiing or snowboarding Seymour, Cypress, or Grouse Mountain. North Vancouver is diverse, accessible, and beautiful. It’s rainy, but it’s worth it.
Salary: $40-$50/hour, depending on experience.
Benefits: Flexible benefits package available, including 3 weeks of vacation, health benefits available and RSP matching. Company vehicle available during working hours or mileage for travel will also be provided. Relocation assistance may also be available for the right candidate.
Shifts: Monday – Friday, 8am -5pm.
- Valid driver's licence.
- Preferably at least ten years of experience, ideally in the marine industry.
- Diesel mechanics with other industry experience may be considered.
- Equipment and Machinery experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- A passion for boating is a must.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Energetic and eager to learn.
- Customer service focused.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently.
- Must have great attention to detail.
- Computer literacy a bonus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and repair yachts and boats, on client site or at shop facility.
- Diagnose a range of mechanical problems, in particular Volvo, Cummins and Yanmar diesel engines.
- Own basic tools required; specialty tools provided.
- Physically demanding – combination of sitting, standing, walking; Bending, crouching, kneeling. Manual dexterity and handling heavy loads.
- Ability to distinguish between colours needed.