Salary: Depending on experience.
Benefits: Comprehensive Benefits Package after 3 months’ probation. RRSP plan after 1 year of service.
Education: Red Seal or BC Journeyman Millwright or Electrician certification required.
Experience: Minimum 10,000 hours or more experience as service technician on overhead cranes, hoists and associated lifting equipment required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledgeable in complete crane and hoist systems and engineering drawings.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot crane electrical control systems, install and replace components such as motors, VFD systems and associated systems.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Analytical and statistical knowledge using general business mathematical skills.
- Language ability includes reading, writing, spelling and the ability to communicate clearly on a technical and business level in English.
- Able to prioritize, multitask, and manage time.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to work in a diverse environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits and feeders that form parts of overhead cranes.
- Mechanical troubleshooting and repairing of lifting equipment, which involves basic rigging of solid weight.
- Timely on all service calls and complete in a timely, cost efficient and productive manner to meet the needs of the clients for work that needs to be repaired or serviced.
- Ensure that all necessary shop tools, special tools and service equipment are accounted for and maintained in good order
- Assist in training new team members.
- Other duties as required.
- Most work will be carried out on customer’s sites or manufacturing facilities, both indoors and outdoors. In the field you may be exposed to a variety of weather conditions.
- Physical; sitting, standing, bending and laying prone. Walking, turning head, bending arms, wrists and fingers. Lifting and moving materials that could weigh up to 100 pounds. Climbing.