Are you a Project Manager ready for the next step? Our client is a privately-owned family business covering all disciplines of construction including General Contracting, Construction Management, Design Build and Tenant Improvements. They are seeking a Senior Project Manager to join their team in Victoria, BC. Reporting to the Chief Construction Officer, the Senior Project Manager is responsible for organizing and managing Project Managers and Coordinators and ensuring the successful execution of projects from planning to completion while employing appropriate project management methodologies. In return, our client offers a competitive salary and benefits and invests in their employees by encouraging creativity and emphasizing the importance of their work in building communities. If you’d like to learn more, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 or text 250-483-5954, or apply online now!
Victoria is the capital of BC and a beautiful city that caters to all lifestyles. It has a population of approximately 345,000. It’s not hard to see why Victoria is a major tourist destination, all year round. It boasts beautiful weather and scenery, friendly people, a vibrant cultural scene, limitless recreational opportunities, and a full range of amenities. To learn more about living in Victoria, visit our Town Page!
Terms: Permanent, Full-time.
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience. Relocation assistance may be provided for the right candidate.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package including extended health, dental, 3 weeks’ vacation and optional defined Contribution Pension Plan.
- PMP and/or Professional Engineering accreditation, preferred.
- Master’s in Business Administration, an asset.
- PMP or Gold Seal Certification, an asset.
- 10+ years of experience in the management of construction projects in the Industrial, Commercial and Institutional or large-scale residential sectors. Multi-unit, concrete tower experience preferred.
- 5+ years progressive management experience including management of multiple layers of staff.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
- Working knowledge of various processes for managing cost, schedules, and quality on medium and large-scale construction projects.
- Demonstrated competence in the areas of safety, people management, project execution, cost control, quality, and administration.
- Sound knowledge of construction and building techniques and ability to read and interpret contract drawings and specifications.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Proactive problem-solver that can manage difficult situations with positive results.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, MS Project, Procore, and Bluebeam Revu.
- Advanced Excel knowledge, Sage 300, AutoCAD, and/or Revit are all assets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform regular project reviews with Project Managers for all construction projects and monitor attendant project risks and progress.
- Monitor the number and average age of RFIs outstanding on a regular (min. monthly) basis and review exceptions with Project Managers.
- Monitor the number and average age of Contemplated Change Notices (CCN’s) on a regular (min. monthly) basis and review exceptions with Project Managers.
- Monitor the number and average age of Change Orders on a regular (min. monthly) basis and review exceptions with Project Managers.
- Monitor and review Critical Path Method (CPM) schedule updates on a regular (min. monthly) basis with Project Managers.
- Monitor the number of outstanding shop drawing submittals by project on a regular (min. monthly) basis.
- Ensure timely approval of pending invoices by project teams.
- Monitor timely submission of progress invoices and collection of A/R by Project Managers.
- Monitor and review planning for commissioning and project close out.
- Assist Project Managers in resolution of commercial issues with clients and subcontractors.
- Liaise with Senior Superintendents as required.
- Other duties as required.