Are you a master Cabinetmaker who would like to move beyond kitchens? Our client is a fast-growing manufacturer of 24-7 control room consoles and technical furniture. They are seeking a qualified Cabinetmaker to join their team in Calgary, AB. Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for manufacturing custom industrial millwork cabinets, installs, and reviewing material plans and cost estimates. Our client offers up to $35/hr., comprehensive benefits, and every other Friday off! This is a great opportunity to become one of a small, tight-knit team that values positivity, innovation, and getting the job done right. If you have any questions about this position, please give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 587-794-3883. To apply, send in your resume online today!
Calgary, AB combines modern urban living and rustic adventure with the Rockies a mere hour and a half drive away. Their compact downtown core boasts tall, mirrored skyscrapers on the edge of the always-blue Bow River. Residents enjoy the amenities such a restaurants, theatres, schools, hospitals, airport, and public transportation, as we all the ease of access to outdoor activities in Nose Hill or Fish Creek Provincial Park.
Salary: $30 – $35/hour. Relocation may be provided for the right candidate.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits plan.
Shifts: Mon- Fri, 6:30am-4pm, every other Friday off.
Education: Red Seal or AB Journeyman Cabinetmaker ticket required.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a cabinet or custom furniture shop after an apprenticeship.
- Experience working with high-pressure laminate, hot pressing, veneer, and solid wood.
- Experience working with CNC routers.
- Console experience will be considered an asset.
- Experience with solid surface an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Solid knowledge of woodworking machinery such as a hot press, sliding table saw, edge bander, shaper, stroke sander, as well as a forklift.
- Ability to lift up to 23kg (50lbs).
- Team player and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and multitasking skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manufacture wood, HPL, and Corian subcomponents to be used in custom console furniture.
- Assemble and stage custom console furniture.
- Maintain shop equipment and machinery.
- Review drawing packages and complete materials take-offs.
- Installation work.
- Assist in the growth and training of lesser experienced team members.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada and have been living in Canada continuously for the past 5 years
- Required to undergo RCMP Security Clearance, inclusive but not limited to a criminal check, financial check, and interviews with various points of contact. May take up to 3-6 months to process; if hired the candidate will be working at a different site until clearance process is complete.
- Drug and Alcohol testing required.