V2V is looking for 2nd-Class Engineers the V2V Empress in Victoria, BC.
– Be part of a new tourism voyage linking Vancouver and Victoria harbours
– Enjoy a workplace where you get to be part of a pioneering team involved in Canada’s breathtaking tourism industry
– Be part of a family owned and operated company where no two days are alike
– Apply now if you value Quality, Safety, Customer Service and Innovation
About the Organisation
V2V is a premium tourism transportation service operating between Vancouver and Victoria, BC. V2V will be a one-stop shop for planning your holiday itinerary in Victoria and Vancouver, with offerings of accommodation options, transportation and local attractions packages. The new service is poised to launch May 1st, 2017, and we are building a committed team to come with us on this new journey.
About the Opportunity
V2V is seeking professional, knowledgeable and passionate Engineers to test their skills on-board the V2V Empress. You will be part of a crew working to provide customers with an authentic, enjoyable, and fun guest experience. We are looking for candidates who are prepared to be challenged while developing their career while the business grows along with them.
– Overseeing the safe and efficient operation of all vessel systems.
– Implement and recommend improvements to the planned maintenance schedules for this high-speed vessel.
– Together with the Master, monitor and manage compliance and accreditation to all regulatory, industry and classification codes and inspections for the vessel.
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Knowledge of ISM, Transport Canada, WorkSafe BC, and other relevant regulatory authority requirements.
– Qualified Second-class Engineer, Motor Ship
– Knowledge of ISM/ISO/Transport Canada regulations and requirements.
– Project Management experience sufficient to adequately manage dockings and multiple projects.
What’s On Offer
This is an exciting opportunity to get on the bow of our iconic adventure linking Vancouver and Victoria. You will be part of a vibrant start-up business and encouraged to utilise your excellent communication skills, flexibility and problem solving skills to the best of your ability.
– This is a full-time and permanent position
– A competitive remuneration package
– Staff discounts
– Gym membership
– Extended benefits with, medical life insurance and long term disability included
Looking to find out a little bit more about us?
Check us out at http://www.v2vvacations.com
V2V Vacations is a premium tourism service operating cruises between Vancouver and Victoria, BC. We offer experiences covering the inspirational scenery between Vancouver and Victoria. With different customer classes covering various food and beverage options, we offer a quality experience to our guests. It is up to us to give them great memories of their travels.
We take great pride in warmly welcoming our visitors to wonderful Canada. We enjoy working with unique individuals with varied talents and experiences that allow us to create a culture we are proud of.
If you have any questions, please contact our awesome V2V Vacations Team along with your resume using the application form.
V2V Vacations is a fun, unique and safe place to work and we like to keep it that way. Before starting with us, you will go through a range of checks, including drug and alcohol testing. Health and safety is super important and this is part of how we keep you, our families and our customers safe.
We are looking to hire for this position as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
Job Type: Full-time