If you have experience managing Contractors, Subcontractors, or Tradespeople and have the ability to provide superior service, then we have a great full time role that provides great support, good base pay, bonuses and opportunities to be promoted. If you are great at working with people and learning systems and are interested in becoming a technical expert in renovations, this is a company you can grow with.
This locally owned branch of a North American wide residential door and window renovation company is looking for a Renovation Project Manager to oversee the field operations for their Delta, BC location. They are a customer service focused company that has revolutionized the window and door business by manufacturing and installing great windows and doors for more than a century and is continuing to expand their business in British Columbia.
Living in Delta, BC
Delta is the largest municipality of the Greater Vancouver Regional District. Located at the delta of the Fraser River and having rich soils and water, Delta is one of the most important agricultural areas in Metro Vancouver. Just 27 kilometers from Vancouver, Delta is home to many people who prefer to live and raise their families in safe, quiet neighbourhoods, surrounded by nature, and, if necessary, to commute every day to other cities to work. Delta is ideal for nature lovers with its parks, bike and walking trails, islands and wildlife.
Terms of Employment: Permanent, full-time.
Salary: Starting $80K a year plus quarterly bonuses.
Education: Four-year degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Journeyman Carpenters, other Trades and Technical People with Renovation experience should apply.
- 3 – 5 years of proven supervisory or management experience.
- Experience in home services, renovations, or home contractor field.
Skills and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of operation processes/IT systems.
- Basic understanding of installation processes and requirements.
- Basic Lean process skills.
- Basic financial knowledge and strong communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and customer relationship skills.
- Developing, coaching, and leadership skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Run the post-sale operations to assure delivery of outstanding customer service and quality throughout all phases of the renovation projects.
- Source, recruit, and hire subcontractors and promote our pricing model and advantages of working with the company.
- Manage the installation and service processes within the branch, and those performed by subcontractors, to assure that installation standards are consistently upheld, while delivering high level of Homeowner Satisfaction.
- Supervise installation, tech and service capacity to assure levels are sufficient to meet branch demands and allow for growth.
- Development and implementation of lean processes of installation crews, service, material handling, and receiving to insure continuous improvement.
- Manage field Technical Measurement personell, maximizing efficiency, focus on reduction of remakes.
- Responsible for supply chain functions within the branch including shipping, receiving and purchasing.
- Ensure payment in full is collected for each installation at the time of completion.
- Approve subcontractor payments.
- Responsible for maintaining & supporting compliance and safety to include; permitting and safety program.
- Responsible for the managing and training of Warehouse Lead, Technical Measurers, Lead Installers/Subcontractors.
- Resolve escalated customer disputes as quickly as possible.
- Become a product expert and help resolve complex situations for the installers.