Refrigeration Mechanic with commercial and institutional experience needed in the Tri-Cities! Our client, a leader in HVAC service and construction, is seeking a Refrigeration Mechanic to join their team in Waterloo, ON. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing inspections, installations, and repairs to refrigeration equipment. Our client is offering competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, tool and uniform allowance, and a company vehicle. This is a great opportunity to join a local company that’s been business for more than 30 years, and is known for their professionalism and workmanship. If you have any questions about this position, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 647-484-0311. But why wait? Get a head start and apply online today!
Waterloo, ON is one of the “Tri-Cities” of Southern Ontario, along with Kitchener and Cambridge. It is located 30 minutes’ drive from Guelph, and a hour from Hamilton. Waterloo offers affordable housing and all necessary amenities, from hospitals to universities to a local airport. Residents enjoy attending the several arts and heritage festivals a year or the 200-hectare RIM Park, which includes asphalt trails, a golf course, and a heritage farmstead. Waterloo is a vibrant community many are happy to call home.
Salary: Competitive. Relocation assistance may be provided for the right candidate.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package including RRSP.
- Tool and Uniform allowance.
- Company vehicle provided.
- Technical training.
- Flexible work environment.
- Red Seal or Ontario Journeyman Refrigeration Mechanic License required.
- Gas Fitter license required.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
- Minimum 1 year of experience required.
- Experience with the maintenance and repair of packaged RTU’s, AHU’s, ducted splits, cold rooms/walk in freezers, icemakers, etc.
- Experience in both the institutional and commercial market place is an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Dependable and possessing a positive attitude in a fast paced environment.
- Able to recognize problems and take action.
- Team player and able to work independently.
- Organizational skills a must.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect and repair refrigeration or air conditioning components.
- Measure, cut and connect piping using welding and brazing equipment.
- Startup systems and test for leaks using testing devices.
- Recharge systems with refrigerant and perform routine maintenance or servicing.
- Requisition supplies, replacement parts and equipment.