Refrigeration Mechanic with commercial and institutional experience needed in the Tri-Cities! Our client, a leader in HVAC services and construction, is seeking a Refrigeration Mechanic to join their team in Waterloo, ON. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing inspections, installations, and repairs to refrigeration equipment. Our client is offering flexible hours, tool and uniform allowance, and a company vehicle. This is a great opportunity to join a local company that’s been in business for more than 30 years and is known for their professionalism and workmanship. If you have any questions about this position, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 647-484-0311. But why wait? Get a head start and apply online today!
Waterloo, ON is one of the “Tri-Cities” of Southern Ontario, along with Kitchener and Cambridge. It is located 30 minutes drive from Guelph and an hour from Hamilton. Waterloo offers affordable housing and all necessary amenities, from hospitals to universities to a local airport. Residents enjoy attending the several arts and heritage festivals a year or the 200-hectare RIM Park, which includes asphalt trails, a golf course, and a heritage farmstead. Waterloo is a vibrant community many are happy to call home.
Salary: Competitive, DOE. Relocation assistance may be available for the right candidate.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package including RRSP.
- Tool and Uniform allowance.
- Company vehicle provided.
- Technical training.
- Flexible hours.
- Red Seal or Journey-level 313A Refrigeration and Air Conditioning System Mechanic License and Gas Fitter Level 2 Certification required.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license, clean abstract required.
- Pre-employment background check (criminal) required.
- Experience with rooftop & split air systems.
- Experience or knowledge with Carrier Control Systems an asset.
- Strong work ethic & good troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with the maintenance and repair of packaged RTU’s, AHU’s, ducted splits, cold rooms/walk in freezers, icemakers, Carrier Control System etc.
- Dependable and possessing a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to recognize problems and take action.
- Team player and able to work independently.
- Organizational skills a must.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect and repair refrigeration or air conditioning components.
- Measure, cut and connect piping using welding and brazing equipment.
- Startup systems and test for leaks using testing devices.
- Recharge systems with refrigerant and perform routine maintenance or servicing.
- Requisition supplies, replacement parts and equipment.
- Supervise and train apprentices.
- Run a full job from start to finish.
- Other duties as required.