Are you a seasoned Project Manager who can successfully juggle multiple tasks while leading multi-million architectural millwork projects to completion on time, within budget and safely while fostering a positive relationship with GC, consultants, and subcontractors? If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the financial success of projects and act as an ambassador for the company. This job can also be conducted remotely from anywhere in the Lower Mainland area with the expectation to travel to Victoria once a week and attend training sessions.
Our client takes on architectural millwork, finish carpentry and laboratory casework contracts for commercial and institutional projects. They pride themselves in their quality work and satisfied customers. If you have any questions about this position, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 250-483-5954. Apply online today and get the ball rolling!
Victoria is the capital of B.C. and a beautiful city that caters to all lifestyles. It has a population of approximately 345,000. It’s not hard to see why Victoria is a major tourist and retirement destination. It boasts beautiful weather and scenery, friendly people, a vibrant cultural scene, limitless recreational opportunities, and a full range of amenities.
Salary: Competitive Salary.
Benefits: Comprehensive Benefit Package.
- Red Seal Cabinetmaker certificate required.
- Post-Secondary degree or equivalent, a PMP designation would be considered an asset.
- Must have minimum 5 years of extensive experience in managing Industrial, Institutional and/or Commercial projects.
- Experience and comfortable working on AutoCAD, Bluebeam, Blueprint reading, Takeoff and Excel.
- Preferably with Commercial Millwork experience will be preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be reliable and punctual and aligned with and committed to company values, strategy and goals.
- A natural leader and has respect and trust to peers, subordinates and superiors.
- Must be detailed oriented, self-starter, self-motivated and thorough.
- Excellent and effective communicator both written and verbal.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with the accounting department and responsible for financial success of projects and prepare and manage progress billings.
- Weekly coordination with the production manager to review recent production metrics and schedules.
- Track project budget and costs on a bi-weekly basis and quote and process change orders including costs and scheduling.
- Plan, lead and implement project by defining deliverables, goals and scope.
- Mobilize appropriate manpower and oversee job sites to keep site running efficiently.
- Managing and Development of project’s safety culture and plan.
- Contribute to improvement and documentation of Project Management systems and manual.
- Maintain and coordinate installer schedule for all jobs.
- Create and maintain a healthy relationship with clients, consultants, and sub-contractors.
- Managing information flow between Client, Architect, Engineering, Shop, and Site.
- Responsible for preparing orders, managing materials and purchasing process.
- Prepare monthly reports and ad-hoc reports.
- This job will involve travelling to job sites outside of Vancouver Island once a week.