Are you a Project Manager with electrical experience? Then we want to hear from you! Our client is an electrical contracting business specializing in commercial and multi-residential properties. They are seeking a Project Manager to join their team in Nanaimo, BC. This role will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of assigned projects from beginning to end, and proving accountable, driven, and results-oriented leadership.
There’s a lot to love about our client. They are a 2nd-generation family owned-and-operated company and a longstanding member of the BC Construction community. They are currently experiencing a period of rapid growth, having trebled in size over the past 5 of their 25 year run. They have secured work for the next 2 years and are still growing. They attribute their successes to their employees; making sure all field employees are properly certified or registered, adhering to legislated worker to foremen ratios, making safety the number one priority, and embracing a culture of open-minded leadership. If you have questions, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 250-483-5954. To apply, submit your resume online now!
Nanaimo is among British Columbia's most likable cities, having a favorable balance of lifestyle, employment and investment opportunities. Centrally located on the east coast of Vancouver Island, 111 km North of Victoria, an hour from Courtenay and 15 minutes by plane to Vancouver and Nanaimo is the regional service centre for mid and North Vancouver Island.
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary: $85K-$95K salary, with up to 20% performance bonus available.
- Full benefits package including dental, prescription drugs, vision, RMT, physiotherapy, acupuncture, long term disability and etc.
- Paid vacation.
- Company funded training.
- Strict adherence to Technical Safety BC legislation and worker ratios.
- Proactive approach to safety and COR certified.
- Culture of continuous improvement and support to encourage innovation.
- Use of company vehicle and paid mileage when appropriate.
Education/Experience: Electrical Journeyman certification and/or past Electrical Project Management experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in project administration and management including RFI's, submittals, change order management, progress billings.
- Excellent knowledge of industry products, practices and standards.
- Strong time management skills, specifically the ability to multi-task and prioritize a high work load.
- Possess superior IT skills including strong working knowledge of industry specific software including Bluebeam, SiteDocs, Accubid, as well as a strong working knowledge of the MS suit of projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all financial aspects of projects through on-going job forecasting.
- Plan for, monitor and schedule all labor and labor costing for projects.
- Oversee pre-construction meetings to ensure successful handoff from estimating to field.
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with tight focus on budgets.
- Set goals, expectations, and provide counselling to the foreman.
- Negotiate and resolve all customer concerns.
- Other duties as required.