Our client is a mechanical contracting company specializing in all areas of boiler maintenance and service. They are seeking a Project Manager/Mechanical Engineer to join their team in the Lower Mainland, BC. This role will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. Current employees enjoy an engaging and supportive work environment where the owner has an open-door policy. If you are interested in this position, please give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text (604) 343-3535, or submit your resume online now!
The Lower Mainland is a region in and around the city of Vancouver, one of the most ethnically and linguistically diverse cities in Canada. The Lower Mainland area is bounded to the north by the Coast Mountains, to the southeast by the Cascade Mountains and a beautiful coastline to the west. With its mild climate, there are recreational activities to enjoy all year round including biking, hiking, kayaking and more. The majority of the service calls are in and around the Surrey/Burnaby areas, although the entire Lower Mainland will be your service area.
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience. Discretionary bonuses. Company truck & gas card provided. Relocation assistance may be offered for the right candidate.
Benefits: Comprehensive Benefits Package including extended health, dental, vision, life insurance, and tuition reimbursement.
Shifts: Monday to Friday, 8 am – 4:40 pm. Weekday OT available. Occasional on-call work may be required.
- 5+ years of experience in project management with experience in the industrial construction industry including estimating, specifically in custom fabrication and piping.
- Proficiency in standard construction software and project software (eg Procore) are required.
- A diploma or a degree from a recognized construction management or mechanical trade program preferred.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license and a clean driver’s abstract record.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite, focusing primarily on Excel.
- Experience in cost control, tender process and maintaining project information.
- Experience with CAD software.
- Self-starter, self-motivated.
- Takes care and pride in work.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work in both a fast-paced, team environment and/or independently.
- Well organized, able to multi-task and have strong problem-solving capabilities.
- Knowledge of steel fabrication methodologies and blueprint/drawing reading and
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage project risk by thoroughly estimating the scope, specifications, market conditions, etc. from budgetary information to set details.
- Work with other departments and disciplines to optimize project deliverables.
- Determine and implement the best course of action to have a project constructed from kickoff to post-mortem.
- Perform material take-offs from construction drawings & review project specifications.
- Plan, price and coordinate material, labour and outsourcing requirements to meet schedule & budget.
- Prepare, present and review project estimate considering scope and drawings.
- Procure materials and align subcontractors to meet project deadlines, & budget.
- Liaise with clients to build and maintain a trusting relationship, and ongoing satisfaction.
- Create, Maintain, & Manage project schedule.
- Communication through every facet and stage of the project; internal & external clients, internal production team, necessary vendors, and subcontractors.
- Ensure timelines are adhered to until project completion.
- Make sure that all projects are on or under budget, with a clear goal of making every project as profitable as possible.
- Work with the estimation team and the superintendent(s) to ensure that there are no discrepancies throughout the building process.
- Perform other duties as required.