We are seeking an experienced Project Manager to oversee new electrical construction builds from inception to conclusion. Our client is an electrical contracting business specializing in commercial and multi-residential properties. This individual will be the go-to person at their office in Kelowna, BC. This role will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of assigned projects from beginning to end, and providing accountable, driven, and results-oriented leadership. They will also have responsibilities with business development and branch manager duties. As such, this is a great opportunity to help an already successful business expand and establish them in the Interior of BC.
There’s a lot to love about our client. They are a 2nd-generation family owned-and-operated company and a longstanding member of the BC Construction community. They are currently experiencing a period of rapid growth, having trebled in size over the past 5 of their 25 year run. They have secured work for the next 2 years and are still growing. They attribute their successes to their employees; making sure all field employees are properly certified or registered, adhering to legislated worker to foremen ratios, making safety the number one priority, and embracing a culture of open-minded leadership. If you have questions, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 250-483-5954. To apply, submit your resume online now!
Cradled within a glorious range of mountains, the city of Kelowna is located on the Okanagan Lake in the Okanagan Valley, in the southern interior of BC. Kelowna is a highly desirable vacation destination from Vancouver (a 4.5 hour trek by car, or 45 minutes by air) and short drive to Vernon and Penticton. Kelowna has miles of beautiful parkland, and several sandy beaches for all summertime activities. In cooler months, the snow-capped mountains and pine filled forests are a haven for skiers, boarders, snowmobilers and outdoor adventurists of all types and levels.
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary: $85K-$100K/annual salary, with performance bonus available.
- Full benefits package including dental, prescription drugs, vision, RMT, physiotherapy, acupuncture, long term disability and etc.
- Paid vacation.
- Company funded training.
- Strict adherence to Technical Safety BC legislation and worker ratios.
- Proactive approach to safety and COR certified.
- Culture of continuous improvement and support to encourage innovation.
- Use of company vehicle and paid mileage when appropriate.
Education: Electrical Journeyman certification and FSR required.
Experience: 3 years of experience within the electrical construction industry.
Skills and Abilities:
- Intermediate to Advanced demonstrable skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong creative problem solving, decision making and communication skills.
- Strong leadership, organizational, decision making, problem solving and customer service skills.
- Strong understanding of financial processes and experience managing contracts and budgets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all financial aspects of projects through on-going job forecasting.
- Plan for, monitor and schedule all labor and labor costing for projects.
- Oversee pre-construction meetings to ensure successful handoff from estimating to field.
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with tight focus on budgets.
- Set goals, expectations, and provide counselling to the foreman.
- Negotiate and resolve all customer concerns.
- Conduct in-person interviews as necessary following the pre-screen process by the Human Resources Coordinator.
- Manage the hiring and coordination of janitorial and building maintenance services.
- Other duties as required.
- Mostly indoors with periodic visits to site.
- This position requires the ability to sit for lengthy periods.