Our client is a leading producer of packaging, pulp, and specialty papers. They are seeking a Process Control Engineer for their mill in Escanaba, MI. This role is responsible for the creation, maintenance, administration and optimization of control systems in order to minimize process variation and reduce costs. Focusing on control systems for PLCs and Drives, the successful candidate needs to be able to plan, design and develop new process control systems or applications when needed. Our client offers an innovative working environment with a strong talent development program, helping their staff progress and grow within the organization. This is a great opportunity to join a large stable company who want to support a positive work life balance, for all employees.
If you have any questions about this position, please give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 206-686-8084! If you have experience providing technical expertise in Pulp and Paper manufacturing process control systems, then don’t wait! Apply online today.
Situated on Little Bay de Noc, the port city of Escanaba, MI is a popular spot for fishing and boating. Nature lovers spend their days exploring the wilds of Hiwatha National Park. This tucked-away treasure offers loads of fun activities, rich history, and a safe environment, making Escanaba a great place to live.
Salary: Very competitive.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits plan that includes:
- A generous relocation package
- Healthcare and Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Disability Coverage Plans
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Vacation and Holiday Leave
Shifts: Day shifts, Monday – Friday with occasional on call work required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in engineering, (electrical or chemical engineering preferred).
Experience: Two or more years of experience preferred on the technical side of process controls, with a focus on PLCs and Drives.
Skills and Abilities:
- Dedication to safety is a must.
- Working knowledge of mill DCS/QCS systems and networking.
- Working knowledge of mill data systems, data gathering techniques and statistics.
- Electrical or Instrumentation background.
- Knowledge of pulp and paper production process
- Strong technical, problem solving, decision-making, project management, prioritizing, time management, communication and computer skills.
- Knowledge of Distributed Controls Systems or Quality Control Systems preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with mill technical and production personnel in planning, designing, and developing new process control applications and improvement for PLCs and Drives.
- Write and modify computer process control programs to optimize mill controls.
- Provide support for capital project planning and implementation.
- Assist E/I supervision in establishing maintenance procedures and schedules for process control systems.
- Participate in Root Cause Failure Analysis to help resolve outstanding issues.
- Other duties as required.