Are you a Power Line Technician who would be interested in…
Working on some of the largest and most automated equipment in the world?
Receiving a generous relocation bonus to help move you and your family to one of BC’s most beautiful mountain communities?
Enjoying a long list of benefits and perks?
If you’re interested in all that, then we want to hear from you! Our client is one of Canada’s largest diversified mining companies and they are seeking two Power Line Technicians for their location within an hour of Sparwood, BC. To learn more, call 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 250-483-5954. This is a great opportunity for those ready for all the advantages of a safe workplace and ongoing in-house training and workshops to help progress your career. Time to get the ball rolling and apply online today!
Sparwood, BC is a family-friendly community nestled in the Rocky Mountains. Surrounded by pristine wilderness, there’s no end of outdoor activities to choose from, be it skiing, canoeing, camping, fly-fishing, even golf. It is located roughly a half hour’s drive away from Elkford and Fernie, BC, and about 45 minutes to the Alberta border. Residents enjoy affordable housing, all the necessary amenities, and a relaxed, rural atmosphere.
Location: Elkford, BC
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time.
Salary: $49.20 DOE, plus OT, premiums and bonuses. Trade retention bonus plus relocation assistance offered.
Benefits: An excellent benefits package including:
- Two Annual Bonus Plans
- Trades Retention Bonus
- Relocation Assistance
- Healthy Lifestyle Account
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Extended health, dental, & vision
- Paid vacation
- Retirement package
Shifts: 5×2 shifts, straight days.
- Red Seal or BC Journeyman Powerline Technician or equivalent.
- Distribution experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic and safety focused.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work at heights, outdoors, and perform physically demanding work.
- Adaptable and flexible to changing requirements.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills. Past supervisory experience is an asset.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, and adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures.
- Install and maintain power poles, electrical distribution and transmission systems.
- Perform utility operator duties such as working with overhead and underground facilities.
- Operate equipment such as line trucks, backhoes, and related line crew equipment.
- Other duties as required.