Are you a Plumber & Gasfitter open to a new opportunity? For more than 30 years, our client has been providing 24/7 commercial and residential plumbing, heating, and gas fitting services in Nanaimo, BC. They are seeking a certified Plumber & Gasfitter (B) to complete daily service orders while delivering exceptional workmanship to customers. Current employees enjoy working on a small team with a family-oriented culture. Sign-on bonus or relocation assistance may be offered for the right candidate. To learn more, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 250-483-5954, or submit your resume online now!
Nanaimo is among British Columbia’s most likable cities, having a favourable balance of lifestyle, employment and investment opportunities. Centrally located on the east coast of Vancouver Island, 111 km North of Victoria, an hour from Courtenay and 15 minutes by plane to Vancouver and Nanaimo is the regional service centre for mid and North Vancouver Island.
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience. Fully maintained van is provided with larger tools, supplies & stock etc Vehicle can be taken home and your day can start from home. 2 weeks vacation and optional benefits package. Relocation assistance or sign-on bonus may be offered for the right candidate.
Shifts: Monday to Friday, 8 am – 5 pm. Occasional early, late, and call-in shifts may be required.
- Red Seal or Journey-level Plumber ticket required.
- Gas fitting B Ticket required.
- Valid driver’s license and abstract. Extended driving may be expected.
- Own tools are a must.
- Strong communication and tablet operating skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Willingness to work in a team and supportive environment.
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors and lift up to 50lbs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, repair and maintain pipes, valves, fittings, drainage systems and fixtures in commercial and residential structures.
- Conduct heating repairs, installations and maintenance for furnaces and fireplaces.
- Perform gas fitting and venting installations as required.
- Collaborate with general contractors, electricians and fellow colleagues.
- Follow building code, blueprints and estimated work tasks.
- Respond to, diagnose and resolve plumbing emergencies during regular and after hours.
- Conduct inspection of plumbing, drainage and heating systems as required.
- Keep accurate records of timesheets, hand in all paperwork and complete all billing with detailed work description each day.
- Provide repair estimates for customers on service repairs when required.
- Other duties as required.