Eco-Pro Plumbing and Drains Inc. is hiring a Plumber apprentice in Cambridge, ON!
Job Title: Plumber apprentice
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time, Shift-work required
Salary: $30 per hour with minimum 40 hours per week
Benefit: 2 weeks annual vacation
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Employer: Eco-Pro Plumbing and Drains Inc.
Location: 2015 Coronation Blvd., Cambridge, ON N3H 3S1
Various job locations.
- Installs supports for pipes, equipment, and fixtures prior to installation
- Modifies length of pipes, fixtures, and other plumbing materials as needed for a building
- Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering, brazing and welding
- Test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
- Perform plumbing work including the installation and maintenance of pipe work.
- Analyze, diagnose and resolve customer problems in a courteous, professional, timely, and accurate manner.
- Spot potential problems to prevent premature and unexpected breakdowns or callbacks.
- Complete all forms and paperwork in a neat, timely, complete, and accurate manner.
- Interpret drawings and specifications to determine layout requirements.
- Determine defects and repair and maintain heating, water and drainage systems in industrial or commercial establishments.
- Inspect high pressure, air, steam, water systems to ascertain malfunctions
- Repair or replace plumbing fixtures; test joints and pipe systems for leaks, open clogged drains, measure, cut, thread, bend, ream and install pipe and pipe fittings.
- Locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures and cut openings.
- Successfully complete routine maintenance.
- Troubleshoot plumbing and piping problems.
- Perform limited diagnostic work
- Perform service calls and other assignments as instructed and do so in a courteous manner.
- Repair water lines, drain lines, pumps and related equipment
- Install and repair drinking fountains, plumbing fixtures, sewage/sump systems
- Diagnose and repair inoperative water heaters (electric) /water softeners
- Install food services equipment, water lines, drains and piping
- Report required repairs and safety hazards at all Board facilities to the Maintenance Supervisor
- Adhere to Building Code, WHIMIS and Board Policies/Guidelines
- Prepare estimates for project work
- Maintain proper inventory and tools
- Perform scheduled and preventative maintenance on various equipment
- Purchase all material for related functions listed above
- Document work order requirement
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma
- ?Plumbing License is an asset but not required
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in residential/industrial plumbing
We need good people that are responsible and caring about their job.