Are you an experienced operator with great leadership skills? Then we want to hear from you! Our client is an established paving company servicing residential and commercial clients for over 30 years. They are seeking a Paver Operator Foreman to operate paver, check quality, and manage the crew in daily work installing driveways, parking lots, speed bumps, and more. This is a great opportunity for someone who loves working as part of a team and looking to grow their career. Our client also offers new equipment, dedicated onboarding, year-round job security, and autonomy when managing your crew. If you’re interested in this position, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 250-483-5954. To apply, submit your resume online today!
Victoria is the capital of BC and a beautiful city that caters to all lifestyles. It has a population of approximately 345,000. It’s not hard to see why Victoria is a major tourist destination, all year round. It boasts beautiful weather and scenery, friendly people, a vibrant cultural scene, limitless recreational opportunities, and a full range of amenities. To learn more about living in Victoria, visit our Town Page!
Salary: $30.00 to $45.00/hour, DOE.
- Health spending account.
- Company truck provided.
Shifts: Mon-Fri, OT during the busy season.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Experience: At least 1 years’ experience in Asphalt Paver Operation.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to able to operate the paver and other heavy equipment in an appropriate and safe manner.
- Great communication skills.
- Good eye-hand coordination and great driving skills.
- Be physically fit.
- Happy working in a team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect, clean, and maintain using machines’ hand tools and report malfunctions to supervisors.
- Conduct daily safety checks and maintenance of the equipment.
- Must work productively, quickly and safely to meet production goals as outlined.
- Line paver appropriately to the work area and ensure proper application of the asphalt, smoothing it evenly to the desired height, width, and depth.
- Partner with other crew members and perform additional tasks of other positions as instructed to ensure daily schedules are met.
- Maintain a courteous and professional manner with supervisors, co-workers, customers, and the public at all times.
- May operate trucks to transport equipment to and from production sites.
- Will be expected to lead crew.
- Organize material orders and equipment for jobs.
- Other paving duties.