Do you have strong knowledge of wood products manufacturing? Are you effective at driving process improvement and cross-functional team collaboration? Then we want to hear from you! Our client is seeking an Operations Manager to join their team at their mill located on the East Coast of Vancouver Island. This role will be responsible for all financial and operational activities including worker safety, operational efficiency, product quality, and operation profitability.
This is a great opportunity to gain a role with a company known for their sustainable forestry practices, advancement opportunities for employees, and for their dedication to creating a safe and happy workplace. To learn more, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 250-483-5954, or better yet, apply online now!
Vancouver Island is a beautiful locale and a highly desirable place to live. With 15 Provincial Parks, the Island is teeming with trails to explore and lakes to kayak. Fishing and whale-watching are extremely popular, as are surfing, camping, and climbing. Likewise, it is rich in arts, culture and history. The cities and towns run a range of amenities, from the steady bustle of Victoria and Nanaimo to the quaint and affordable communities of Ladysmith, Chemainus, Parksville, Duncan, and Courtenay. Come and see all that Island life has to offer!
Salary: Competitive compensation with a pay-for-performance philosophy. This role is not unionized, however, the shop and other roles are unionized.
Benefits: Employer-paid benefits, pension and annual incentive bonus.
- Post-secondary degree in wood products, engineering or business administration.
- Progressive leadership in wood products manufacturing.
- Comprehensive knowledge of wood products manufacturing.
- Strong inventory, financial and production management skills.
- Ability to manage change within a unionized environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership in safety and environmental stewardship.
- Prepare and oversee the operations/maintenance/capital budgets.
- Be accountable for all manufacturing and processing functions in the operation.
- Improving operational efficiencies and cost control.
- Recruit and develop key personnel.
- Participate in inter-divisional management meetings and union/management committees/meetings.
- Other duties as required.