Our client, a family-owned electric motor repair company, is seeking a Motor Winder/Electric Motor Systems Technician to join their team in Castlegar, BC. This role would be responsible for assessing, repairing or rebuilding electric motors in their clean, heated shop. Current employees enjoy unionized wages and benefits, plenty of opportunities to advance and grow, and an “open door” management policy. Our client boasts a respectful working environment with an emphasis on teamwork, and thanks to the steady demand for their skills, they haven’t had to lay anyone off in 30 years! If that sounds good to you give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 250-483-5954, or apply online now!
Castlegar is the second-largest community in the West Kootenay region of BC, known for its beautiful views of the Selkirk Mountain Range. Castlegar is located 30 minutes by car from Nelson, 3.5 hours from Kelowna, and 7 hours from Vancouver. This small community offers amenities such as a college, airport, regional public transport and community parks and is a favourite spot for skiers, snowboarders, and mountain bikers.
Salary: 35.60/hour going to $36.17 April 1st. Unionized. Double time OT.
Benefits: Comprehensive unionized benefits, plus RRSP contributions, 4% vacation, boot allowance, and coveralls/PPE.
Shifts: Monday to Friday, 7 am – 3:30 pm. OT as required.
- Journey level or Red Seal Electric Motor System Technician certification required.
- 1+ years experience as a ticketed Motor Winder.
- Must have a valid class 5 driver’s license.
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to take direction and work well both independently and within a team.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Flexible with the ability to move between various jobs.
- Ability to read drawings, manuals, and blueprints as it relates to the task.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose failure causes and dismantle electric motors and pumps for servicing, modification or repair.
- Wind and assemble various types of coils for electric motors and pumps.
- Always work safely in all aspects of the task being undertaken.
- Other duties as required.