We have a Mine General Manager role available for an individual who can lead and maintain the workplace culture and support our client’s continued drive to be their best. A successful candidate must have experience managing hard rock open mine operations. If you are dedicated to safety and possess strong leadership skills, then we want to hear from you.
Our client is a large mining company with a small business culture; they have a long-term mine plan and every team works collaboratively to deliver results. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this position is responsible for the operating mine site, including safety, environmental management, legal compliance, community relations, workplace culture, production, costs, and overall business results. Our client is offering competitive wages, an excellent benefits package, and a beautiful location, ideal for any outdoor enthusiast. If you have any questions about this position, please give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 604-343-3535. The mining team is experienced, focused, and driven—will you be the one to lead them? Apply today and find out.
Princeton, BC is located 3.5 hours drive from Vancouver, and 2.5 hours drive from the Okanagan. This beautiful location is great for golfing, hiking, fishing, boating, skiing, or snowboarding, and taking advantage of the vast winery tours available. The landscape is boasts the beautiful Similkameen River and the rugged mountains of Cathedral Park in the south. Residents also enjoy in-town elementary schools and a high school, hospital, public transportation, library, community theatre, museum and arena. For a small town, they’ve got a lot to offer!
- Relocation assistance provided.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Engineering degree in Professional Mining, Mechanical Engineering, or Metallurgical Engineering is preferred.
- 15+ years of operating mine experience at multiple mines, with demonstrated competence of delivering safe, efficient production.
- Experience at the Mine General Manager level is required.
- Previous ABB experience an asset.
- Knowledge of milling, moving rocks and grade.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent oral, written and active listening skills.
- Ability to foster teamwork through exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly organized with excellent technical and analytical skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership for safety, environmental, legal compliance, community relations, workplace culture, production, costs, and business results.
- Maintain a culture of respect, honesty, openness, fairness, information sharing, support, innovation, continuous improvement and personal development.
- Support and manage the team, including mentoring, supporting training, encouraging personal development and succession planning.
- Prepare production and cost budgets and forecasts.
- Deliver budget production and costs performance.
- Communicate business performance and priorities to the team to ensure they are fully informed.
- Work closely with the management team to achieve maximum business performance of the operation and set the strategic direction for the operation.
- Work closely with Vendors and Suppliers to maintain a high level of support, minimize costs, and implement evolving technologies to achieve efficiency improvements.
- Maintain open and constructive working relationships with the community and key community stakeholders.
- Medical and drug/alcohol screening required.