Are you a ticketed Millwright looking for a new opportunity? Our client, a superior pulp and paper manufacturer, is looking for a qualified Millwright for each of their locations in Crofton, Port Alberni, and Powell River, BC. This position is responsible for installing, maintaining, repairing, troubleshooting and, when necessary, dismantling machinery, conveyor systems, pulleys, mechanical clutches, gear boxes, hydraulic and pneumatic control systems. A responsible individual who watches out for their coworkers is needed to fill this integral role in the Maintenance department. If you want to work in an environment of teamwork and camaraderie, then we want you!
As a leading North American paper and pulp manufacturer, our client employs 1,800 people at operations in southern British Columbia and manufactures some of the most environmentally responsible paper in the world. This employer offers great opportunities to grow, solve technical challenges, and live and work in one of North America’s most spectacular environments. If you are interested in learning more about this position, please give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 250-483-5954!
Make sure to check out our town information sheets for Crofton, Port Alberni, and Powell River! All three are wonderful and unique places to live. With Crofton and Port Alberni on Vancouver Island, and Powell River on BC’s Sunshine Coast, these communities are perfect places for water sports and activities such as kayaking, fishing and diving, as well as plenty of opportunities for hiking and exploring in BC’s famously temperate weather. Powell River is the most isolated of the three (accessible by ferry and air only), however all towns offer every amenity needed for daily life.
Salary: $34.85/ hr.
Benefits: Competitive benefits package with pension contributions, as well as relocation assistance.
Locations: Crofton, Port Alberni, and Powell River, BC.
Positions: 3 (1 per town)
- Crofton: Mon-Thurs 10 hrs/ day
- Port Alberni: Mon-Thurs 9 hrs/ day, Fri 8 hrs/day with every 2nd Friday off
- Powell River: Mon-Fri
- Red Seal Certified or Journeyperson Millwright
- Practical experience and knowledge as a qualified Millwright
Skills and Abilities:
- Self-starter and dedicated team-player
- Proven troubleshooting skills
- Superior interpersonal and coaching capabilities
- Ability to work flexibly
- Valid driver’s license required
- Vibration analysis skills an asset
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Live up to the highest level of safety and environmental compliance
- Be accountable for one’s actions as well as watching out for fellow employees
- Establish and implement preventative & operational maintenance activities
- Support manufacturing operations to locate and diagnose defects in paper/pulp production equipment
- Perform incidental tasks as required to complete the larger task
- Complete required preventive maintenance at defined intervals on all mechanical equipment
- Work with other trades in a flexible team environment to achieve greater efficiency and productivity
- Support company’s drive for enhanced performance and improved quality and efficiency