Vitrum Glass Group is seeking a Millwright for their Langley, BC operation.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Wages $25.00 – $38.00/hr depending on experience
- Regular increases and overtime
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Opportunity for growth and movement
The Millwright is responsible for maintaining the equipment in the plant. He/she performs a variety of duties which include: installing, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining production of facility equipment. This includes motors, generators, pumps and large scaled manufacturing machines. They will also be responsible for installation and maintenance of electrical devices and components found in a glass manufacturing facility. The Millwright is also responsible for working with the rest of the maintenance team to complete a variety of tasks and preventative maintenance programs. This position will require working various shifts and overtime.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect, examine and troubleshoot equipment to find and investigate problems or breakdowns and to ensure that safety and quality standards are met.
- Responsible for engaging in manufacturing support activities connected with the setup, installation and maintenance of production and related equipment.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance, such as cleaning, lubricating, adjusting or rebuilding hydraulics, pumps, pneumatic valves and seals.
- Demonstrate the ability to install, dismantle, reassemble, replace, calibrate, repair, adjust, fabricate, lubricate, and maintain, systems and equipment as assigned.
- Follow a Preventative Maintenance schedule.
- Inspect electrical components for identifying defects, hazards, and/or need of repairs
- Perform equipment adjustments and changeovers as required
- Ability to work through a shift rotation including weekends
Knowledge and Skills:
- Have prior experience rebuilding diaphragm and centrifugal pumps
- Be a proficient trouble shooter of mechanical system
- Be comfortable performing maintenance calls independently or as part of a team
- Want to build their career with an exciting and dynamic team around them
- Have experience troubleshooting and diagnosing low-voltage electrical systems
- Ability to perform electrical maintenance in an industrial facility
- Enjoy working in a high paced dynamic environment
- Ability to problem solve
- Comfortable working in a production area (temperature, humidity, noise etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal in English
- Ability to prioritize under pressure and tight deadlines
- Experience within a manufacturing environment
- Ability to recommend corrective action and implement required repairs
- Strong Safety background
- Basic welding skills: MIG, TIG, ARC, and Gas Welding will be considered an asset
- Forklift and rigging experience will be considered an asset
JOIN THE TEAM AT ONE OF BC’S LARGEST MANUFACTURING COMPANIES
Vitrum Glass Group has been providing premium fabricated glass to the glazing industry for over twenty years from its modern automated manufacturing plant in Langley BC. With current growth and expansion the team at Vitrum is growing.