Are you a Millwright open to a new opportunity with an amazing company? Our client is one of the world’s most environmentally friendly steel producers. They are seeking an Industrial Mechanic/Millwright to join their team in Whitby, ON. This role will be responsible for preventative maintenance and repair of all mechanical equipment. This is a chance to join a company that provides long term job security and developmental opportunities, so don’t wait! Give us a call or text us at 250-483-5954, or submit your resume online now!
Whitby, ON is located about an hours’ drive to Toronto, and just 15 minutes from Oshawa and Ajax. Whitby is the urban hub of the area, complete with shops, restaurants, theatres, museums, and more. Sitting on the northern shore of Lake Ontario, Whitby boasts an award-winning marina, as well as Canada’s largest municipally owned and operated recreation facility, the Iroquois Park Sports Centre. Due to its amenities, natural beauty, and proximity to the GTA, Whitby is a great place to call home.
Salary: $38.18 hourly plus OT.
- 100% employer-funded benefits package, including:
- Medical and Prescription: non-employee contributory group benefits plan, RX coverage, various paramedical services.
- Dental: 100% coverage.
- Vision: $400/every 24 months – per covered person plus eye exam.
- Pension/RSP plan: up to 5% contribution from Company to Defined contribution pension plan.
- Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance: $80K for basic life and AD&D.
- Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement Program, and Tool allowance available.
- Relocation Assistance may be considered for the right candidate.
Shifts: 2 schedules; Monday to Friday 6 am-2 pm and 12 hours on 4 crew continental shifts.
- Red Seal or Ontario 433A Millwright ticket is required.
- Heavy industrial or manufacturing environments preferred. Other industries will be considered.
- Excellent work ethic required.
- Dedication to safety is a must.
- Superior diagnosing and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Thoughtful, thorough, and strong attention to detail.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect, install, repair, replace, adjust mechanical equipment in the plant.
- Determine the best way of making repairs to minimize interruption of production.
- Assemble or align gears, bearings & shafts, involving press, sliding & running fits, align pumps, motors, turbines & gear reducers.
- Operate power-driven mobile equipment and ordinary crane hooking.
- Other duties as required.