Our Winery is located in the heart of Kelowna between downtown and Knox Mountain, Calona Winery has the distinction of being British Columbia’s original winery.
Reporting into the Maintenance and Continuous Improvement Manager, we are recruiting for Millwright/Power Engineer who will be responsible for repairing and maintaining all mechanical equipment in the facility, as well the operation, repair, and maintenance of plant services such as hot water boilers and refrigeration equipment.
We are looking for someone with:
- A Red Seal Millwright Ticket plus Power Engineering Certificate. Consideration will be given to a Red Seal Millwright ticket, plus a second trade ticket along with the willingness to attain a minimum 5th class Power Engineer Certificate
- self-motivated and driven to continuously improve equipment and processes.
- Experience in the operation, repair, and maintenance of a manufacturing plant including hot water boilers, pressure vessels, refrigeration, air compressors, pumps, and process control equipment. HRAI environment awareness for CFC/HCFC/HFC control.
- Scissor lift/boom lift and forklift certificates.
- Ability to adhere to HACCP requirements and the GMP
- Effective communications and computer skills are required.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and preference for a team-oriented approach are desirable attributes. Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Predominantly dayshift but some weekend work and off shift work is required in this role. During fall harvest time, standby coverage and on call may be required.
This role is part of the Service Employees International Union Local 2, Branch 300. Apply here