Would you like to work for a company that's helping to improve environmental energy solutions around the world? Our client, a market-leading clean energy solutions company,is seeking an Industrial Mechanic or Millwright for their 24/7 clean manufacturing environment. They are looking for a maintenance professional who is interested in working on modern, high-speed manufacturing equipment. The highlights of this role is a great work environment, 100% company funded benefits and 5% RRSP matching, as well as no deduction from your take-home salary. Apply with your resume or call/text 604-343-3535
Burnaby, BC is located 10 KM (about a 20 minute drive) from Vancouver, BC’s main city core. Burnaby is a beautiful, livable, vibrant, and sustainable community with a healthy economy and a respect for the natural environment. In Burnaby you can find a real balance of city life, and a life in the great outdoors. There is something for everyone in Burnaby; it is a great place to live, work, and play!
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: Competitive compensation package including an excellent incentive bonus based on corporate and individual objectives.
Benefits: Comprehensive and flexible benefit package, RRSP and 3 weeks vacation.Bonus eligibility available for qualified employees.
Shift: Mostly day shifts, with the possibility of afternoon, rotation, and on-call shifts.
Education: Red Seal Certified Industrial Mechanic or Millwright.
- 5-10 years of directly related experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with a CMMS as Maximo, MP2, SAP, etc.
- Knowledge of and experience in safety systems and production lines in a fast-paced operations setting
Skills and Abilities:
- Open-minded with a positive attitude and a quick learner
- New system and process implementation skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Knowledge in lubrication, power and force transmission, alignment and balancing
- Knowledge in basic machining, hydraulics, pneumatics, ovens, pumps, piping and liquid systems
- Follow and comply with all safety policies and regulations
- Participate in safety inspections, audits and hazard analysis
- Conduct preventive maintenance activities
- Lead and support continuous improvement activities by recommending process improvements, new tools and techniques
- Troubleshoot equipment issues and perform immediate repairs and/or fabricate and rebuild parts as necessary
- Install new equipment and overhaul/modify current equipment as required
- Generate and execute work-orders efficiently and safely
- Generate parts requests as required
- Provide technical leadership and coordinate projects in shifts to minimize downtime
- Assist maintenance Planner in preparing parts inventory and time evaluation for work orders and equipment BOMs
- Generate and improve of job plans, tasks, routes and maintenance standards
- Interact with internal customers and vendors
- Enforce and maintain maintenance best practices, including but not limited to 5s and other LEAN manufacturing tools
- Responsible for housekeeping and maintaining a safe and tidy work environment
- Support maintenance department in other activities as required
- Available for off-shift calls based on production schedule requirements
- Adhere to maintenance communication protocol for calls and emergencies
- Prepare shift-end reports
- communicate equipment repair activities to Maintenance Planner and other areas
- Participate in Six Sigma and LEAN activities