Our client is a mechanical contracting company specializing in all areas of boiler maintenance and service. They are seeking a Millwright to provide preventative maintenance and repair support at customer sites across the Lower Mainland, BC. Current employees enjoy a supportive work environment that values training and rewarding its workers. If you are interested in this position, please give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text (604) 343-3535, or submit your resume online now!
The Lower Mainland is a region in and around the city of Vancouver, one of the most ethnically and linguistically diverse cities in Canada. The Lower Mainland area is bounded to the north by the Coast Mountains, to the southeast by the Cascade Mountains and a beautiful coastline to the west. With its mild climate, there are recreational activities to enjoy all year round including biking, hiking, kayaking and more. The majority of the service calls are in and around the Surrey/Burnaby areas, although the entire Lower Mainland will be your service area.
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience. Bonuses. Company truck & gas card provided.
Benefits: Comprehensive Benefits Package including extended health, dental, vision, life insurance, and tuition reimbursement.
Shifts: Monday to Friday, 8 am – 4:40 pm. Weekday OT available. Occasional on-call work may be required.
- At least 5 years of Millwright experience, preferably in the boiler & gas industry.
- Red Seal or Journey-level Millwright certification preferred.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license and a clean driver’s abstract record.
- Experience with pipefitting, fabricating, retrofitting, hydraulics, conveying motors, pumps, and/or structural steel preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for safety onsite.
- Set productivity goals for crews to meet job budget.
- Place orders, receive and distribute materials to specified sections for future work.
- Recommend repairs, supervise the maintenance of tools and equipment, and determine work procedures.
- Interpret plans, blueprints, and sketches of proposed work in terms of the relevant specifications.
- Provide liaison between field personnel and Superintendent to ensure work complies with drawings and specifications.
- Monitor work performance and productivity of trades to ensure project specifications, procedures, quality, and safety requirements are maintained.
- Complete daily documentation requirements including reports and photos as necessary.
- Advise superintendents and/or project management of potential problems, work interference, and schedule difficulties; assist in circumventing/resolving such problems as required.
- Specific duties related to each project; may include Boiler installation, Gas fitting, Pipe fitting, abatement, welding, equipment installation, rigging, managing sub-trades etc.
- Perform other duties as required