For over 40 years, our client has been the leading custom manufacturer of all off road wheel and rim assemblies. The company’s primary markets include mining, forestry, agriculture and industrial equipment, specializing in haul trucks and loaders. They currently have an opening in their maintenance department for a Millwright at their Langley, BC facility. The position is full time – 40 hours per week. The company offers competitive wages as well as a comprehensive benefit package after the completion of the probationary period. If you’d like to learn more, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 250-483-5954, or apply online today!
With its rich history, wonderful sense of community, lush offerings of nature, and proximity to Vancouver, Langley, BC is the best kept secret in the Lower Mainland. With a local population of 25,000 in the City and 95,000 in the Township, the people of Langley enjoy a relaxed lifestyle and a strong community spirit. The City of Langley has a pedestrian-oriented downtown core, a high-end shopping center, independent stores, farmer’s markets, and terrific antique retailers. Langley is proud to be a growing business center that has held onto its heritage feeling. Boasting fabulous wineries, over 300 acres of beautiful parklands, abundant farms and nurseries, and a thriving arts community, every season is full of wonder and exciting activities.
Salary: Competitive wage. Depending on experience.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits including Group Insurance, company matching RRSP and Performance Incentive Program.
Shifts: Day shifts normally but there could be opportunities for afternoon/evening shifts
Education: Red Seal Millwright certification preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as Millwright.
- Forklift experience with current certification or willing to take forklift certification
- Arial work platform experience and ability to work at heights
Skills and Abilities:
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) with fluency in English
- Physically fit and able to lift 50lbs
- Must provide your own tools
- Ability to work independently or in a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be teachable, willing to share knowledge, and train others
- Ability to muliti-task and work under pressure
- Efficient, attentive to details, carry out instructions
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment
- Positive attitude
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform preventative maintenance on wide variety of equipment including, machine tools,
- steel rolling machines, welders, shot blasters, automated paint equipment and more.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems and perform a variety of repairs including, mechanical,
- electrical, hydraulic/pneumatic, welding/fabricating, and machining
- Work towards improving reliability issues
- Design & installation of new equipment
- Continuously improve the maintenance program
- Maintain proper documentation on all maintenance activities
- Work in a safe manner; follow all safety procedures and report unsafe situations