Calling all Millwrights! Western Forest Products, a high-quality wood products manufacturer and leader in sustainable forestry management, is hiring Millwrights for their sawmill located in Ladysmith, BC. This is a key role responsible for providing equipment maintenance and repair. If you’re an experienced Millwright, or if you’re looking to expand your skills, then Western Forest Products might be the fit for you. They invest heavily in their employees, from competitive wages and benefits to training opportunities to advance your knowledge. If you have questions, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 250-483-5954. Apply online now to get the ball rolling!
Located about a 25 minute drive from Nanaimo in the north or Duncan in the south, Ladysmith, BC is a beautiful and accessible place to live. This small town boasts all the amenities a person could want, from public transportation to schools to businesses; in fact, Ladysmith won the “Most Small Business Friendly Community Award” in 2011. Visitors and residents alike enjoy seasonal festivals, parks and trails, and the friendly community spirit.
Location: Ladysmith, BC.
Salary: Up to $42.92/hr. Unionized.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package including dental, health and welfare benefits, and a defined contribution pension plan or other pension benefits as stipulated in the collective agreement.
Shifts: 10 hour shifts, either Fri-Mon or Thurs-Sun. Some flexibility required for weekends, vacation coverage, ect.
Education: Red Seal Millwright ticket required.
- Maintenance experience in a sawmill, manufacturing or other heavy industrial environment.
Skills and Abilities:
- Dedicated to safe work practices.
- Knowledge of hydraulic systems, mechanical equipment and processes.
- Competencies in Hot Work & Lock Out Protocols.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Creative mind and strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical components and machinery.
- Welding repairs.
- Rigging and Slinging.
- Copy of Red Seal or Journeyman’s ticket required.
- Drug and alcohol test required.
- Ability to work in an environment containing wood dust.
- Own tools required.