Are you an Industrial Mechanic/Millwright who would be interested in…
- Working on some of the largest and most automated equipment in the world?
- Receiving a generous relocation bonus to help move you and your family to one of BC’s most beautiful mountain communities?
- Enjoying a long list of benefits and perks?
If so, then we want to hear from you! Our client, one of Canada’s largest diversified mining companies, is seeking two Millwrights to join their teams in Sparwood and Elkford, BC, respectively. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, Industrial Mechanics are responsible for inspecting, repairing, and maintaining the processing plant’s stationary equipment. Mobile equipment experience is required for the Elkford site.
To learn more, call 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 250-483-5954. This is a great opportunity for those ready for all the advantages of a safe workplace and ongoing in-house training and workshops to help progress your career. Time to get the ball rolling and apply online today!
Sparwood, BC is a family-friendly community nestled in the Rocky Mountains. Surrounded by pristine wilderness, there’s no end of outdoor activities to choose from, be it skiing, canoeing, camping, fly-fishing, even golf. It is located roughly a half hour’s drive away from Elkford and Fernie, BC, and about 45 minutes to the Alberta border. Residents enjoy affordable housing, all the necessary amenities, and a relaxed, rural atmosphere.
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time.
Locations: Sparwood, BC and Elkford, BC
Salary: Competitive, plus OT, premiums and bonuses. Trade retention bonus plus relocation assistance offered.
Benefits: An excellent benefits package including:
- Two Annual Bonus Plans.
- Trades Retention Bonus.
- Relocation Assistance.
- Healthy Lifestyle Account.
- Employee Share Purchase Plan.
- Extended health, dental, & vision.
- Retirement Package.
Shifts: 4×4 shifts, days and nights.
- Valid Red Seal or BC Journeyman Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) certification.
- Mining or heavy industry experience preferred.
- For the Sparwood role, experience in working on a variety of stationary industrial plant equipment including conveyor belts, water pumps, coal driers, chain drives, pneumatics, hydraulics, and gearboxes.
- For the Elkford role, experience in working on a variety of mobile equipment including loaders, dozers, electric shovels, drills, and haul trucks.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to wear an interference-free seal respirator.
- Pre-employment drug test required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures.
- Maintain and service the processing plant’s stationary equipment or mobile field equipment, depending on the role.
- Install, inspect, and repair mechanical and hydraulic components.
- Other duties as required.