Are you a Red Seal Millwright looking for a new opportunity? Our client is a leader in pipe coating solutions for the oil and gas industry and they are seeking a ticketed Industrial Mechanic for their location in Regina, SK to assist and support their maintenance department. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for installation, maintenance, and repair of stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment. This is a great opportunity to join a multinational company who are always happy to reward passionate, energetic team members. For their employees they offer competitive wages, holistic training, and many developmental opportunities. If you’d like to learn more, give us a call/text us at 306-993-0855, or better yet, get a head start and apply online today!
Regina is the capital of the bustling province of Saskatchewan. It is the second-largest city in the province and home to the hugely popular Saskatchewan Roughriders football team (Canadian Football League). The city is home to a vibrant and diverse cultural community as well as a wealth of recreational opportunities. Interestingly, all the trees in the city (approximately 300,000) were planted by hand.
- Comprehensive benefits package including 100% ER funded benefits, 5% RRSP matching after 4 month probationary period.
- Rotating 12 hour shifts, rotating 5 on then 5 off, then 4 on 4 off. Shifts from Days to Nights.
- Red Seal Journeyman Industrial Mechanic/ Millwright Certificate required.
- Minimum 5 years overall experience with at least 2 years in the Oil & Gas Pipeline industry.
- Exposure to pipelines is crucial; pipe coating experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Interest in building and repairing a variety of mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of computerized machinery, blueprints, and schematics.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Ability to get along well with co-workers.
- Ability to work at heights or in cramped spaces.
- Safety awareness and a responsible work attitude.
- Analytical problem solving skills.
- Ability to perform small welding jobs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Health Safety and Environment duties such as developing and following safe work procedures, participate in joint health and safety meetings, and more.
- Read AutoCAD drawings, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Install, align, take apart and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, such as pumps, fans, tanks, conveyors furnaces and generators according to layout plans using hand and power tools.
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and find irregularities and malfunctions.
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and programmable logic controls.
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices, such as cranes, jacks and tractors, to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery.
- Operate machine tools, such as lathes and grinders, to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machinery.
- Other duties as required.
- Working conditions are typical for an industrial environment. Candidate may be on their feet for long periods of time and may require heavy lifting. Ability to work at heights or in cramped spaces.
- Pre-employment drug testing, Medical and Criminal record check required.