CSL is a Subsidiary of PETRONAS Chemicals Group, a fortune 500 company headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
If you are interested in working for a local Employer (Guelph, Ontario) with a Global presence, we are interested in hearing from you!
For over 30 years, CSL has earned the right of global recognition as a leader in the development of innovative silicone materials, sciences and engineered application solutions while serving such diverse markets as electric power transmission, electronics, building & construction, chemical processing, transportation, and asset infrastructure. The CSL corporate headquarters research and manufacturing facilities are centrally located in Guelph, Ontario, Canada.
Day Shift: Monday to Friday 7AM – 3PM (1 position available)
Night Shift: Monday to Friday 3PM-11PM (1 position available)
Pay: $39.70 – $42.70/hour
What’s in it for you?
- Paid 8 hrs/day (only work 7 hrs/day)
- Competitive wages
- Overtime available, if desired
- Stable employer (currently growing)
- Paid sick time
- Competitive benefits package
- Union Pension Plan
- Company events
- Recognition program
- Climate controlled working environment (ie. Air conditioned in summer)
- Convenient location (Woodlawn/Edinburgh)
What does the job entail?
- Perform all tasks in a safe manner, following established protocols and procedures.
- Respond to work requests as required
- Immediately respond to equipment failure causing production downtime
- Preventative maintenance. Maintain PM system, develop new required PM’s and perform all required PM tasks.
- Project tasks as assigned
- Work with contractors to accomplish departmental goals
- Grease bearings and machinery, check belts for proper tension and wear
- Welding (stick, MIG, TIG and plasma cutting)
- Perform pump repairs and rebuilds
- Perform required plumbing tasks
- Perform basic electrical troubleshooting and repair
- Maintain lighting system (change bulbs and ballasts)
- Perform daily checks (chiller, boiler, air compressor and cooling tower)
- Review work priorities and any potential problems with Manager
- Repair or replace defective or worn out parts and components
- Service and troubleshoot hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain machinery and building systems
- Custom design and fabrication of new equipment
- Assist other Maintenance personnel
- Housekeeping of Maintenance area (including all racks) and boiler room
- Continuous improvement of equipment
- Follow all organization and department rules and regulations Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Follow all necessary ISO Standard requirements
- Lift truck operation
- Perform other duties as required
- Red Seal Certified Industrial Millwright or equivalent
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Good knowledge of mechanics, plumbing and electrical systems
- Capable and comfortable working at heights of 30ft
- Experience using hand and power tools
- Experienced with welding and cutting equipment
- Able to lift between 50-75lbs
- Comfortable working in confined spaces
- Previous experience with Boom Truck, Reach Truck Counterbalance Fork lift and Skyjack
CSL Silicones Inc. is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and we welcome and encourage applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking place in all aspects of the selection process. If you require further, information please contact our Human Resources Department at 519-836-9044 ext. 237.