How would you like to work for a reputable company that rewards hard-working employees? Western Forest Products is an industry-leading organization that provides high-quality wood products and sustainable forest management. They are seeking a qualified Millwrights for their sawmill in Duncan, BC. This role will be responsible for providing support and safe maintenance and repair of facility equipment. In return, their employees enjoy competitive wages, extensive benefits, dedicated training and plenty of developmental opportunities. If you have questions, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 250-483-5954. If you’re looking for a company that will support and motivate you throughout your career, then don’t wait! Apply online now.
Located in southern Vancouver Island, Duncan is a beautiful locale and a highly desirable place to live. It’s an hours’ drive north from Victoria, 45 minutes south of Nanaimo, and about a 3 and a half hour trip from Vancouver. With a population of just under 5000, Duncan is an accessible, affordable, and quaint place to live, making it an ideal location for families and single people alike. Not to mention the many amenities, mild climate, beautiful scenery and plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities. Fun fact: it is also known as the “City of Totems”, with 80 totem poles around the town.
Location: Duncan, BC.
Salary: Up to $42.92/hr. Unionized.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package including dental, health and welfare benefits, and a defined contribution pension plan or other pension benefits as stipulated in the collective agreement.
Shifts: 10 hour shifts, either Fri-Mon or Thurs-Sun. Some flexibility required for weekends, vacation coverage, ect.
Education: Red Seal Millwright ticket required.
- Maintenance experience in a sawmill, manufacturing or other heavy industrial environment.
Skills and Abilities:
- Dedicated to safe work practices.
- Knowledge of hydraulic systems, mechanical equipment and processes.
- Competencies in Hot Work & Lock Out Protocols.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Creative mind and strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical components and machinery.
- Welding repairs.
- Rigging and Slinging.
- Copy of Red Seal or Journeyman’s ticket required.
- Drug and alcohol test required.
- Ability to work in an environment containing wood dust.
- Own tools required.