The island is calling you! Our client, Western Forest Products, is seeking Millwrights to provide equipment maintenance and repair for their sawmill located in cozy Chemainus, BC, just 30 minutes south of Nanaimo. Western Forest Products is known for their sustainable forestry practices, advancement opportunities for employees, and for their dedication to creating a safe and happy workplace. This is a great opportunity to gain a unionized position with a reputable company, in the warmest place in Canada, to boot! To learn more, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 250-483-5954, or better yet, apply online now!
Chemainus is located on Vancouver Island's East Shore, 1 hour’s drive north of Victoria (80 kilometres), 15 minutes north of Duncan, and 30 minutes south of Nanaimo. Residents enjoy all the typical west coast activities, such as biking, hiking, and kayaking. Chemainus has a long and diverse history. It has also gained renown for its thriving arts scene; the town boasts 39 outdoor murals. Come see why residents love their very special community.
Location: Chemainus, BC.
Salary: Up to $42.29/hr. Unionized.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package including dental, health and welfare benefits, and a defined contribution pension plan or other pension benefits as stipulated in collective agreement.
Shifts: 10 hour shifts, either Fri-Mon or Thurs-Sun. Some flexibility required for weekends, vacation coverage, ect.
Education: Red Seal Millwright ticket required.
- Maintenance experience in a sawmill, manufacturing or other heavy industrial environment.
Skills and Abilities:
- Dedicated to safe work practices.
- Knowledge of hydraulic systems, mechanical equipment and processes.
- Competencies in Hot Work & Lock Out Protocols.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Creative mind and strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical components and machinery.
- Welding repairs.
- Rigging and Slinging.
- Copy of Red Seal or Journeyman’s ticket required.
- Drug and alcohol test required.
- Ability to work in an environment containing wood dust.
- Own tools required.