Calling all Washington Millwrights! Our client is an industry-leading organization that provides high-quality wood products and sustainable forest management. With facilities along North America’s Northwest coast, they serve customers throughout more than 25 countries worldwide. They are seeking a Millwright for their lumber processing and distribution center in Arlington, WA. This role will be responsible for the safe maintenance and repair of facility equipment and for providing support services. Our client is constantly improving training and dedicated to creating a safe, happy, and productive workplace. This is a great opportunity to contribute to sustainable forestry practices with a company that recognizes performance, celebrates successes, and continuously supports their employees throughout their careers. If you have any questions about this position, please give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 206-686-8084. If you’re not looking for just another job, then this is the chance you’ve been waiting for! Apply online today.
Located in the foothills of the Cascade Range, Arlington, WA is a bustling town noted for its community feel and friendly residents. Popular spots include downtown Arlington, which sits next to the two forks of the Stillaguamish River; County Charm Park and Conservation Area, Stillaguamish Valley Pioneer Museum, even a Kangaroo Farm! In addition to all this, residents enjoy dry summers, and mild rainy winters, and all necessary amenities from shops to schools. If you’re the wandering kind, Arlington is about an hours’ drive from Seattle in the south and Bellingham in the north. Arlington is a great place to come home to!
Salary: Industry competitive wage.
Shifts: Various shifts (days, afternoons, weekends). Flexible schedule is required for this role.
Education: Certified Apprentice Millwright or Journeyman strongly preferred.
- Maintenance experience in a sawmill, manufacturing or other industrial environment.
Skills and Abilities:
- Dedicated to safe work practices.
- Knowledge of mechanical equipment and processes.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic/pneumatic systems, gears, reducers, bearings, sprockets, chains, belts and valves.
- Cut, weld and fabricate components as needed.
- Assist electricians and other maintenance personnel in performing other tasks as needed.
- Assist equipment operators as necessary and may provide operator relief for operation of process equipment.
- Assist with clean-up mill-wide.
- Ability to work in an environment containing wood dust.
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Own tools required