Are you an experienced Marine Technician looking for a new opportunity? Then look no further! Our client is a full dealership for Yamaha Outboards, Mercury MerCruiser, Volvo Penta and Yanmar Diesel. They are seeking a Marine Technician for their shop located in Lions Bay, BC, just south of Squamish. This role will be responsible for inspecting, diagnosing, maintaining and repairing all aspects of boat, motor and trailer systems. Our client offers competitive wages and benefits; a clean, heated shop well equipped with all up to date specialty tools and diagnostic equipment; annual factory training; and a team-oriented environment. If that floats your boat, then give a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 250-483-5954, or apply online now!
Lions Bay, BC, located 30 minutes North of Vancouver and 25 minutes south of Squamish, is an ideal location for boating and enjoying the quiet life. With beautiful views of Howe Sound you get to be close to nature but a quick drive away from the hustle of the city or fun of the town of Squamish. From the village enjoy the spectacular sight of the Lions twin peaks, also known as the Two Sisters.
Salary: Up to $42/hr, depending on experience.
Benefits: Comprehensive Benefits Package.
Shifts: Mon-Fri. May be scheduled to work Saturdays from April 15 – September 15 annually. Shop is closed December-January for 2-3 weeks, annual vacation to be taken during that time.
- Successful Completion of a Dealer Engine Certificate Program ideally Mercury MerCruiser, Volvo Penta, Yamaha Engine Certification Program but all others will be considered.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
- Pleasure Craft License.
- A minimum of 5-10 years of work experience with inboard/outboard engines and marine craft.
Skills and Abilities:
- Passionate about mechanics, boats and the ocean.
- Ability to diagnose, solve problems and communicate results to customers.
- Fluent in written and spoken English (other languages are always a benefit).
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Professional and self-motivated.
- Computer literate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide maintenance and repair for various marine systems, such as inboard/outboard and jet drive engine systems, marine electronics, electrical, fuel management, plumbing, and hydraulics.
- Perform service calls to customer locations, which may involve launching and hauling out of marine craft.
- Model good customer service skills through professional presentation (appearance, and communication and interactions with customers) at all times.
- Other duties as required.